Now we are all sitting pretty with colds....while on one hand I am thankful it's just a cold. No fevers or other horrid symptoms. And I am doing a odd happy dance that Gavin is managing to hang onto just a cold without busting out the heavy duty breathing aid artillery. This is good. This combo of meds works...and I see it working. This is good.
However...I am pretty sick of the snot drip going on with the entire family.
Yesterday I complained that I managed to somehow injure my neck, when I woke up this morning with it hurting worse...I decided I probably didn't hurt it. Combined with the weird swallowing pain and the feeling that my neck hurt because my head was on it. And maybe my back hurt because it was supporting my neck which was supporting my head. I decided it was probably a good idea to head on up to the ole doc. Red swollen sore throat+swollen glands+snot for too long+overall feeling of crappy= a round of antibiotics. And a hope that the feeling of yuck that I have felt for the past 2 weeks will be gone. Just in time for the Zman's birthday date on Friday. Now let's hope no one else needs to make the trek--so far they all seem to be hanging in there....but good lawd it's supposed to snow tonight. I am really only down with the white stuff for about 2 decent snows. This year we have had enough...I am good thanks.
Honestly I am a smidgen (ok a lot) bummed that we will be needing to wait probably a month or more (or less) before we are able to submit our dossier to the powers that be in Colombia. Thru no fault of anyones it's just the timing of our dossier along with others that are out there too. I am anxious about all of it--obviously and reasonably so. My friend called the other day and we chatted for a bit about it and she was so awesomely supportive and excited and it was so needed. Not that people aren't because they are--but it's nice to hear the extra excitement she had. I told Robert the other day that this is the hardest thing I *we* have ever done....it's one of the best and most rewarding but the waiting and the unknowns are really hard for me. Finding the patience and trust and faith that everything will be as it should and will be just fine....is hard but also a wonderful bonus for me. It's opening things for me and in me and us that I didn't really foresee when we started this process and what a neat thing it is. Seeing how things are weaving together with this is amazing. It makes the waiting a little bit easier--just a little. But I still can't wait to hug on our newest little ones....oh I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment