This comment was the last straw. I am now mentally getting my game face on for comments like this. I didn't respond as I should have at this odd unthought comment. In fact I didn't respond. I chuckled more shocked than anything that someone actually said that and thought it was appropriate. I do often respond to comments by at least saying "Well they are good boys..." Which seems to get my point across a bit. I promise boys aren't awful. Really. Do you know what my boysies do when I am sick? Or grumpy? Or just not feeling fantastic? They love me. They make me feel so special. Really they do. They check on me. "Mommy are you feeling ok?" they snuggle me up with blankets. And sometimes a special stuffed animal. They stop by just to give me a hug and a kiss and to ask again if I feel any better. They will bring me a drink or share a snack. They are sweet, so very sweet. They are helpful. We get compliments on them very, very often. Typically an elderly couple at a restaurant--they will pat my shoulder and just rave about how well behaved they are. They leave and I relax. *Whew* They aren't as loud outside of this booth as in....
Boys aren't all yucky and loud and belching and stinky....they are cuddly and sweet and caring and kind. And I love mine like mad crazy--and if I had another I would love him too...and I would really have to amp up my responses though! Just wait until we have 4 or 5 kids--2 or 3 of which don't match the others. Gavin already stands out with his glow head.
2 comments:
They are that way because of YOU!!! Awesome job momma! Those are the types of boys this world needs. And should we ever decide our girls can date, those are the kind they better pick! HA!
As for what the "public" has to say, I say "F-off!!!"
I get these comments too. All. The. Time. People are so foolish!
Post a Comment