Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stalker Addict


The better part of my day was consumed with reading...reading blogs. On the internet. I start reading and I can't stop. I read a good one and think ooh their friends must be good too let's read theirs. And then of course my usuals over there --> that I frequent...it's gotten out of hand really. Especially since the decision to adopt was made, now I hunt them down non stop. They are a wonderful, a comforting resource but really...I should you know eat and feed my kids. And maybe even have a conversation with a "real" person. It's really quite like a good book that you can't put down.
Anyway enlightening as well. So many blogs about adoption, the "orphan crisis" and just helping others in general. Something I long to do, I always have. In high school my idea for a career was to open 2 day cares--one that charged a normal rate only to support the one that didn't--the other day care was for families who had to work but couldn't afford child care. I went to college with that idea in mind. Then I learned the legal hoops and liabilities and my dream fizzled out along with a great deal of my other fluffy cloud ideas. Not that I really was a fluffy cloud idea sort of person--being the forever 'realist' that I am my mind doesn't really do "fluffy cloud ideas" more like dark clouds with sparkly silver linings. I am sure there is some psychological analysis as to why I prefer to prepare for the worst--a protective sort of response I suppose, I don't like being let down--hard. Anyway right not my point. Basically lots of reading has been going on here, more than normal. And I think you, yes you, should read too. Read about orphans, read about homeless, read about the animals, read about whatever you want--but don't dismiss it. Don't walk away thinking yeah that's sad but not my problem, nothing I can do and never think about it again. Put your heart there and understand a little bit about someone else. Where they have come from to get to where they are or maybe just what they are trying to get to. Open your eyes just a little more. Open your heart just a little more. Understand just a little bit more. A little bit more than your immediate circle of life. Just try. But if you really just can't. That's ok. I understand that too.

1 comment:

LL said...

I'mtoo, slowly amassing a long list of blogs. I just wish I had the time to keep up with them all!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed