Thursday, September 16, 2010

True Story


I am all about "signs" and following your gut. Hence this adoption process starting. We created 3 little boys with pretty much zero effort. Plan for a 4th and bam--we have problems. Go to doctors, find a reason but no solution. Talk about what to do for years, with no progress. Discuss adoption but have fears and concerns and longings to be pregnant again. And bam we have a 11 month old for 3 weeks, it dawned on me while she was here that while SHE is not my child, I could easily adopt another child and love it like my own and some how overnight my longings to become pregnant vanished. Bam it hit me I have 3 healthy children and so very many children around the world have no one. We have more to give so why not give to them. So we decide to adopt. We decide on Colombia. We decide on 2 children--2 siblings. We say "We should learn Spanish..." Since Colombia is Spanish speaking it couldn't hurt to brush up on it. Last night Robert sat down and was writing Spanish words on post cards to put up around the house...I came into the office and grabbed one of our Spanish books from high school (yes some how this is the only book we have from high school classes). I plopped down on the couch with Robert and flip open the book and a receipt fell into my lap...weird. I picked it up and glance at it--just curious how old it is. Um the date you wonder? September 15th, 2008. It was just a gas station receipt--with the EXACT SAME date as the current date only 2 years earlier. Then another receipt falls out--same date. From one of our "fertility issue" appointments. September 15th--2 years to the day as yesterday. I handed it to Robert and sat there dumbfounded. Of all 365 days of the year it could be--it's the same date...it's in a Spanish book...and it is from a fertility doctor appt. You have GOT to be kidding me. Don't believe me....I took this this morning (didn't show the dr because we gotta have some privacy ;-) )...
Speechless? Me too.

2 comments:

LL said...

Crazy. Mathematically speaking the probability is on the slim side. Good luck. And have with Spanish. It's such a lovely language.

Kim said...

RACHEL?! Amazing!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed