Monday, September 27, 2010

3244541 days

Big things to consider when adopting are a) it takes a long time and b) it takes a lot of money and c) patience. So my personality is go, go let's get it done. This will be a challenge for me. We received our application before we went out of town, I filled out everything I could and now am just having to wait. Robert does not have a GA license yet and while it's probably not required, I am pretty sure it will be easier if he has a license in the same state in which we live. BUT he's out of town this week--we were out of town last week--so I have to wait before submitting the first portion to our agency. Waiting really is better because this will allow us more time to gather funds and learn as much about the process as possible. Though honestly I am on information overload at this point.
I can jump around a bit with the process but certain things have to be done in a certain order in a certain time frame. Complete pain but gotta follow rules. We have to have dr visits and blood work and tests assuring that we aren't crazy and basically a lot before our paperwork is even sent to Colombia--and then it's waiting and keeping papers up to date. But right now it's waiting but this waiting is waiting just to be able to get to the real waiting and I am antsy already. This is going to be a long 2-3 years.
We did have our first home study visit yesterday--all went well and now more papers to gather and fill out before the next!
Once we get a little further into the process I will post a little "timeline" on the side over there ---> At this point just waiting to submit our application to the agency and gathering what paperwork and information that I can.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed