Adopting is expensive. Raising children is expensive. Loving children is not. Giving children parents when they have none is not. Unfortunately money has to play a role in our decision making. So today I really looked at it. I am pretty much a problem solver--I might panic first but then I calm myself and I find a solution. I know this so I go at things pretty much head first and solve as I go. I try to create some sort of game plan up front but we all know how that usually plays out. So--right my point...we can make this happen. Daunting as the financial aspect of adopting is the end result is amazing. Were there's a will there's a way. I am researching fundraising options, I may toss a "donate" button up on the side over here. Asking people for money is not something I am crazy about--but providing a product that helps support a cause--our cause--makes me feel better. I am not crafty or handy with tools, I don't write well, I take pictures but all session proceeds already go to me. Though I just got another idea. Hmm. We shall see.
I am sure you noticed I am now saying children--2 children. I would bring a dozen home if I could. So would Robert but he is much more practical than I am. So we are talking 2 siblings ages 0-4. That will make us a family of 7. It will keep 2 children together. It will give 2 children 3 more siblings. It's a good thing. I could list a million reasons explaining why, I could justify myself to the naysayers--it's my knee jerk response. But basically there are millions and millions and millions of parentless children in our world--we have room in our hearts and room in our home. Plenty of room for 2 more. Plenty.
1 comment:
Rachel this is so exciting! You and Robert are doing a great thing for these children. And for the children you've already got. I can't wait to see how this adventure goes!
Post a Comment