I am still working on implementing the 1,2,3 Magic system I raved about a couple dozen posts back. Some days I manage to keep the yelling to a dull roar and manage to consistently count myself down--er count Gavin down. It's very effective for Mr. Sassy pants. However he recently has begun yelling at me "No! Don't count!" or sobs as soon as I say 1. This morning he begged me to start over and got panicky when he thought he was always going to be at a 3--asking me "I am going to be at the end foreva!?" He's a smart cookie and picks up ideas and concepts quickly....recently I discovered he is learning to tell time-- on a digital clock but still I am impressed. He talks numbers all the time...like "2 and 3 make 23, 5 and 7 make 57" and "I am 3 and after 3 is 4 and then after that is 5"...we talk about ages ALL.THE.TIME. He and Zachary seem much more into numbers and math--which is neat to see, especially at such young ages.
Both Jakeb and Zachary received awards again for the 6 weeks at their schools. In Kindergarten the school does Stallion Star awards for those who are doing well in all areas...Zachary has received this every 6 weeks this year. As the kids get into older grades they begin including Math, Writing and Reading awards and do away with the Stallion Star. Jakeb received a math award the last two 6 weeks and this past week received both a Outstanding Writer AND a Outstanding Reader award for the 5th 6 weeks. Both boys are doing amazingly well in school.
With everything going on I feel like I have neglected my posts about what's going on with them...funny things they have said or done.
Gavin has started baseball and seriously loves it, and it seems to come naturally to him. His playing has gotten Zachary wanting to play again so once we get settled we will look into signing them both up when the season starts up. Jakeb is doing well with guitar and really seems to enjoy it a lot. He seems very, very into music and I hope he can stick with it. He has said some relatively profound things (for an 8 year old) in the past regarding music and it being in his head and heart so I know it's something he feels passionately about.
We are all anxious to be in our new house, it's sitting with all of our things in it just waiting for us to live in it!
1 comment:
Henry used to say "DON'T COUNT!" when we started. It totally works - Now I hardly ever even get to 2. Even with Jack!
Post a Comment