Monday, April 12, 2010

On Patience.


Anyone that knows me knows that I am not a extraordinarily patient person--of course really who is. When it comes to the kids my patience ruler is very short...this applies almost 100% to my children other children I have much more patience for...usually.


The past 3 years have forced me to stretch my patience to a new level. With each one of our boys we decided we wanted to have a baby and 9 months later we did. As many have heard me say in the past we are not opposed to a 4th--in fact *I* especially would LOVE a 4th. Boy or girl makes no difference. But this time around hasn't been the same. Here we sit nearly 3 years later. Truly it's been a blessing. At first it was heart wrenching. But as time went by and numerous negative pregnancy tests....I began to wonder if #4 was a good idea. I mean after all we have 3 perfect little boys why test it by asking for another. I began to question if we could handle another. With each passing year the boys get busier and busier. After a little more time I was 75% sure we were done. 3 is the magic number. Then a little more time passed and I was 75% sure 4 is the magic number. Either way our decision falls--my patience has been tested to the ultimate level. Not many understand my/our desire for another--but it's there none the less. Wrong or right it's there.


The past 4 months have been even more nerve rattling. In February we decided to uproot the family and move to Georgia. We listed our house--not much waiting happened. In less than 2 weeks we had an offer. On March 26th we closed...selling our home. Then we waited on April 15th we bought a new home. And now we wait. May 3rd we leave to go on a cruise. And then we wait. At the end of May we will move into our new home...in Georgia. And it's all a waiting game for now. Despite it all--I couldn't imagine doing this with 4 children. With a newborn or being pregnant.


And all of this is forcing me to be patient--to slow down. to relax. to breath. and to enjoy it.

2 comments:

McAngie said...

So this is your new home? I love it! Very nice.

Patience is a virtue, LOL! Can't think of one person who has it.

NICK, ANGIE, SAM, AND DREW said...

The house is beautiful. Can't wait to visit!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed