Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chi-town

A couple weeks ago for Jakeb's birthday we headed north to help Jakeb ring in his 8th Birthday in style by taking a trip to Chicago. We have this "plan" that after the boys turn 5 we for-go the big partay's at funky over priced (but extra fun) places and instead will do something more low key and family style. Granted trips to Chicago aren't exactly "low key" it was definitely low stress--which is key. With each birthday being roughly 6 weeks apart, the parties got to be a bit much for my planning abilities and our the pocket book. SO....Zachary got a sleep over which was relatively in expensive but relatively stressful as we ended up with more children than the Duggar's first season at our house. Jakeb got a trip to Chicago--namely Legoland and the 2 story McDonald's. I am pretty sure fun was had at both locations...however our countrified boys were not up for the windy and big city. Next time we head to Chi-town needs to be dead summer, the cold wind was a bit much. I did manage some pretty fantastic shots of our never ending romp around the city on our quest to actually locate the 2 story McDonald's. And then treacherous walk back to the Navy Pier. I was not pleased...I envisioned skipping thru the park and awed little faces at the magnitude of the buildings in the city. While they were slightly thrilled for 2.36 seconds they were more worried about staying warm and not being blown away by chilly gusts of wind. I did pack accordingly--or so I thought. Having said all that Jakeb did deem the trip a success and was pleased.
























No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed