Saturday, April 10, 2010
Nice Mill
A good deal of my childhood was spent living with a creek just a short walk accross the field from my house. It was loads and loads of fun for my brothers and I...we had a blast. Granted an ocean would have been bliss--but a creek works too. So as we drove home from school the other day I stopped at a local creek/dam/river/I don't know what to call it. And let the kids slip their shoes off and splash around....for anyone who has never done this try it's fun. However you must remember that often rocks are slippery, slimy and you most likely WILL fall. I knew this probably would happen and sure enough it did. They scooted their little feet around the rocks--actually it was just one GIANT flat rock and within 3 minutes we had a man down. Jakeb was the first to hit the ground--and it was hysterical. He slipped, he slid, he scooted, he wobbled..he stopped...he had it...he was ok....and then he fell. Splat. And much to my surprise he laughed. He was ok when I laughed with/at him...and he laughed well. It was perfect and just what I had hoped to see when I decided to surprise them with the stop. Shortly after he fell Zachary fell, and then Alex--those 2 just might have fallen on purpose, but I won't tell. Gavin wasn't too keen on the gunky feeling nor the cold water so he opted to hang out with me on the side. But boy were they cute. I like to surprise them with "adventures" like this from time to time. We skipped karate and played in the creek. Zachary has asked everyday since if we could stop again and we will....and Lucky for me (and you) my camera was with me...

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Where is this??
It's Nice Mill Dam...off of Sulphur Springs.
Post a Comment