Friday, February 19, 2010

Excitement Abounds

Lots of exciting things happening in the B house....We now have a 6 year old and no one is more excited about this than the 6 year old himself--who spent the ride to school this morning wiggling his teeth in hopes of them extracting themselves today. Some things it dawned me that I forgot to mention about my sweet little boy and things that are crucial to know about him right now--he's a boy. Yes, yes we know HE is a BOY I mean after all he does have the appropriate parts BUT this boy, is very very much a boy. His new favorite thing is to burp loudly and not so much like a boy but like a man. He's become obsessed with spelling...F-A-R-T, P-O-O-P, T-O-O-T...so much so that I recently discovered a paper he brought home from school and on the name line he had written "poop, fart, toot, poop, fart, toot." Well at least he's got patterns down pat... I recently found myself yelling at him that he MUST keep his past ON around girls. Yes I had to say that to my new 6 year old, as he thought it would be fun to flash 2 older than him little girls. And I have now found him twice using my wash cloths that we bathe with to um...wipe his bum...yes it was dirty....and yes he tossed the wash cloth in the sink like it was no big deal. Yes this is all part of our 6 year old boy's life these days. Our 6 year old Zman who will soon have 4 little teeth pop out of his mouth--and THAT is exciting!

Other exciting things going on--all of which really require their own post...but whatev.
On the house front--new carpet is in! It matches so-so but it'll work and looks much better without a iron print in it.
The house is going on the market Monday! Fingers crossed!

The BIG exciting news that I can't believe I didn't run right here and post about...Robert was awarded a 5day 6 night cruise--for he and his spouse!!! How amazingly awesome is that!? We leave May 3rd headed for Cayman and Cozumel. Rock.on.Rock.ON! So I will be celebrating my 30th birthday aboard a cruise ship--courtesy of Robert's company. Happy Birthday to me! And Congrats to Robert for being so awesome at what he does--as he was chosen as 1 of 3 out of 160+ people. THAT is pretty exciting--aside from the cruise.

Also fingers crossed for Robert as he has his eyes on some new positions within his company which would be big steps up AND require us to be in Georgia AND could get him either traveling less or not at all. And the exciting thing is that the positions also have their eyes on him....So us looking at houses and moving now is working out for reasons we are anticipating much sooner than we anticipated. Fingers crossed and prayers that all works out as should.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Some exciting stuff going on at your house!! How great about your cruise!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed