Recently my challenge to myself has been to prepare dinner at home for my family. And after each and every meal *I* prepare at home. I feel like a SuperMom. I shouldn't because really I should be preparing meals at home, but with a husband that travels it's hard. It's hard to prepare a meal have a boy walk in and say "Whatcha cookin?" and then say "YUCK!! I don't like that!" or stomp off near tears after you tell them the dish. It's hard to have 3 people snub your meal and then dump half of it in the trash...so for the past 2+ years most of our eating has been done away from home. But our check book and our every growing waist line would beg to differ and are demanding fair treatment. SO cooking at home it is. Honestly there are many things that make me feel like a SuperMom. It's the little things. Keeping the kitchen clean all day, marking off the to do list, folding that last basket of laundry, having a chat with a boy and learning something new about him, not loosing my temper, making that trip to the store, spending some special time with one of them (I should do this much, much more often). I am far from a SuperMom but I do relish in the moments when I feel close to one, because so many times I feel so very far from it.
(Circa Jan 2008)
2 comments:
You are supermom!!!
Ha now you and I know that isn't true....LOL.
Post a Comment