As previously posted I made the mistake 2 weeks ago of looking at housing in North Georgia. Much to my surprise the homes in the area were a decent amount lower than the homes here, in Mid Ten.
My search began Cartersville, GA. After a buzz through town, Robert discovered it's a bit further from where his company's office is located than desired. So we mossied a little further south finding ourselves looking in Canton and Woodstock, GA. Nice homes, decent prices, bigger yards. So far we like what we see. The next step is making a trip down to check out the area.
That's great. Then I step back and go holy crap...moving from TN, moving from the state I have lived in for my entire.life. My children and I were all born in the same hospital for crying out loud. Now there was a brief 1 1/2 year stint of living in Florida when I was um 3. And again for a year and a half in Indianapolis, IN when I was 7. But TN has always, always been home. And considering moving to Georgia..I feel like traitor.
The boys are all for it, but they I am pretty sure just like the excitement of a new house and new city. They are my motivation for moving. They are also what stops me. The motivation because the company Robert works for is in Roswell, GA. Almost 4 hours from here. Our hope is that one day he will be able to have a position that allows him to not travel and being close to the office we *think* will be beneficial. Keeping that in mind, I don't want to learn 5 years down the road that we need to yank the boys from Middle School and move. However there is no guarantee that moving to GA will be beneficial or necessary. There is a very strong possibility, but no promise. So the decision is do we want to move the kids now while they are young and don't care, or wait til they are older and care more. This sudden realization that I don't know where we could end up started after a conversation I had with my grandmother over Christmas. I all the sudden felt like we were just floating around, waiting to be told where we could settle down. We haven't floated, we haven't moved...but the future possibility is there that we would have to. Robert has always said he doesn't want to stay here in this town. So my feelings suddenly hit "let's get it over with". If moving closer to Roswell will be beneficial then let's get it over with while the kids are young and don't' care. But oh.my.goodness. is this decision tough. New schools, new friends, new doctors, new towns, new activities...all new. Our families are here, we would be 3-4 hours away. We could get more house for less....so much to consider and no right answer I am sure. "Follow your heart"...is a confusing statement for me...one minute my heart says stay and the next says go. It's confused, as is the rest of me. Robert and the boys are not. They are ready to go. But I am not ready to leave TN...at least I don't think I am...at this very second. Georgia. Tennessee. Georgia. Tennessee. Georgia. Tennessee. That is the question.
2 comments:
What a hard choice! But so exciting to think of all the new possibilities. . .
Ok.... so when you commented about North Georgia, I didn't realize you were talking Cartersville, GA... that's my hometown! LOL! Such a small world. I'll comment on our Mom's group and give you the lowdown, too much to put here!
Post a Comment