Got a call from the school nurse promptly 30 min after school began. I knew as soon as I saw the number on the id....I was going to have to get Jakeb from school. He's got to funky cough Zachary had--but not quite so severe in fact not even close. But I know he's feeling a bit slighted since Zachary got to miss FOUR days of school last week and he's not gotten to lay out of even one. So this morning after no absolute answer as to how he was feeling, all I got was "kinda good, kinda bad", he was sent to school with instructions to tell his teacher if he felt bad and I would come get him. So indeed he did---the nurse I know is convinced I was one of those parents who dosed the kid up with Motrin and sent him on. Especially after her accusatory question--"What medicine did he have this morning?" For the record he had no fever and received no Motrin. He got 1tsp of Delsym to help with his cough because he said the cough made his chest hurt. Either way he is now home and resting on the couch with strict instructions that he can do nothing else.
Hopefully he feels better tomorrow.
And the wheels of motion have been set forth...we'll see what happens with Georgia.
1 comment:
Did I tell you that my mother said that Alex was the 3rd kid from the class that got signed out sick? ...Jakeb, then somebody else, then Alex. Droppin like flys!
Post a Comment