I realize the last several posts about any of my children have been relatively negative...and nearly every post at some point or another mentions something of Gavin's unruly behavior. Please understand that while I do love my children they drive my absolutely nuts at times and if I didn't vent my frustrations that I won't actually say I am nuts...I will be. Truth be told they are pretty darn good kids and I do know this. However Gavin knows each and every button of mine to push and he pushes them on a daily, even hourly basis.
As previously mentioned the latest trend going on with Gavin (aka the "let's see how I can piss this person off, boy") is that he has taken to voicing his frustrations about not getting what he wants by telling me he doesn't like me or calling names...yesterday I was told I was a "butt head" because I wouldn't give him a waffle. Which incidentally he was punished for...and for the record HE gets spankings (I know, I know horrid right? yeah well you deal with him and then tell me what's horrid...and for another record I at one time said I wouldn't spank) . Then last night after I let him stay up later watching TV with me because he had had a late nap AND then let him get in my bed to sleep...he says "I don't love you anymore". At first I shrugged it off but after days of being told by your 3 year old that he doesn't like you, to get away from him, etc etc. Him finally saying "I don't love you anymore" is almost too much...while I 110% know the kid doesn't have a flipping clue what he's saying and know that he in fact does love me (very much I might add), it's still not exactly what you want to hear. So then as he is telling me to get away from him yet again and rolling away from me, I snapped. And yelled at him that if he doesn't love me, doesn't like me, and can't stand me around him to get out of my bed and go sleep in his own. Then realized how ridiculous my conversation with my three year old little boy sounded. He did stop and after a few seconds begrudgingly snuggled his self next to me and fell asleep sniffing his blanket with his head on my shoulder and slept that way nearly all night long. Only to return to his behavior this morning.
Part of the problem is that he misses his Daddy very much while he is gone--and he's been gone a lot lately. Yet he takes his frustrations out on me...and am d-o-n-e with it. Thank god it's Thursday...Robert will be home in the morning. He can deal with the monster.
He is reason enough to stop at 3 kids, yet again maybe a younger sibling is what he needs to put him in check, because he certainly reigns and wears his "I am the baby" crown proudly.
So I kinda cheated...I had this post already in my head...and partially written and then stumbled upon THIS BLOG and thought I would join in...and how perfect it was that my 3 year old is such a...such a....well you read the post, and the post before it, and before it, you tell me. In any case it roughly fits the "prompt" to tell of a time I was "wrongly wronged".
2 comments:
Aww... those word should be the words that children aren't physically able to let fall out of their mouths. Hang in there.
I was reading your side bar thing about comma issues. I have the same issues and if it weren't for Mr. Spell Czech, I'd appear to be the most illiterate person on the planet. Nice blog entry and it's o.k. that you're nuts with kids because that makes the rest of us feel like we're part of a club. "Hello my name is ... and I'm nuts." Feels better to say it.
Post a Comment