Friday, September 25, 2009

The blahs

That pretty much sums up how I have been this week. I am virtually positive that this is solely due to the lack of sun my body has seen in the past...oh 132342 days. Granted I did get a little peeky of sunshine this morning that put a little extra pep in my step for a good part of the day--I actually left the house and took Gavin to play at Discovery Center. We then walked around the mall and had lunch. He really is a different child when his brothers aren't around...so flipping sweet and cute it's ridiculous. Unless of course he has just woken up then watch out.
We got a phone call today from the school nurse...guess who got hurt at school? Yep...I knew it was going to happen, I warned them..Zachary fell coming in from the playground. Smacked his head on the concrete, poor guy. They said he cried right away and seemed fine but they wanted to call and let us know. I am glad they did that, though I really wanted to rush up and check him over and give him hugs. He was fine when he got home and of course I already had a good suspicion as to what side of his head this new injury would be, because after all the last one did just heal. For some reason lately his choice spot to smack his head is on the right side of his forehead. This is where he has a scar from when he was 1 1/2, also a scar from another incident. Seriously it's strange. I even googled it...apparently it's just ironic but I must admit I am beginning to worry. I mean really how much banging can one spot take? It can't be good, right?
Jakeb is completely over the flu. Mildest case ever. Fever was never over 101 and some change, and didn't last more then 60 hrs. He was back at school on Thursday but technically could have gone back on Wednesday. He still seems a little sluggish but he's been that way a lot lately.
Fingers crossed for some cooler weather and sunshine!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed