About 8 years ago today would have been a wonderful excuse for some partying...but here we are now 3 kids later and I totally forgot that it was Cinco de Mayo til this afternoon LOL!
We had a really good weekend, it was really nice out both days and I of course love the springtime weather so bring it on! Robert's brother graduated from MTSU on Saturday morning so we headed to that which was as most graduations are....boring! BUT I did happen upon my friend Susan from high school, which was super cool. There are only a few peeps I am interested in keeping up with from the 'ole high school days and she is definitely one of them. We were inseperable for a bit in high school and all I remember is having great silly fun with her! So I am stoked to have run into her (actually saw her mother first). Hopefully we can catch up sometime soon.
After graduation we headed to his parents house for some BBQ and to visit with the fam which was nice to do for a bit. We didnt' get to stay too long because Jakeb had another baseball game that afternoon...another game that they WON! AND Jakeb crossed home plate TWICE and hit other players in so go Jake!! I was so excited for him! Because of the way the line up has been he has not had a chance to actually run home but they changed it up on Saturday and he was able to get home! He also was given a game ball for doing so well, which he of course was super siked about, so go Jakeb!
Sunday we just hung out really, took the boys for ice cream and enjoyed the gorgeous day.
Robert is in Chicago this week, and after being home for 2 weeks it will be a bit of an adjustment for us I am sure. We both love his job and the perks of it but we also really miss each other and I know he misses the kids like crazy as they do him. We talked about this job for a great while before he ever even applied for it and at first said no way...but money talks LOL and we changed our tune and felt that he should take it while the kids were still young and the opportunity was available. He's home a great deal really but never enough for him to do all the things he would like with them. It's a fun job for him though and that is important for sure! Sometimes I get a bit jealous that he gets to travel so much--I am all about it--which is one of the reasons I love his job because we get to travel so much more AND it's cool for him to get to :) Anyway yeah...not sure why I got on that tangent.
I am trying to get caught up on editing some pics from a wedding I helped shoot a few weekends ago as well as just random pics we have. One of the neighbors must be having some sort of shindig so I am jamming to my yahoo music thing (to help drown it out!) and working on some pics...and obviously taking a moment to blog :) Hope everyone had a fab-o weekend...enjoy the weather, it's rockin' this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment