Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Monday



A Holiday today...for most just another 3 day weekend! Granted we all know (or should!) the reason for memorial day but I doubt too many of us actually stop and comiserate on the day and the meaning of it all. For those curious I did a little google search "what is memorial day" and found this nifty site telling me just that. Apparently this holiday was created or "proclaimed" on May 5th 1868 by General John Logan. It was declared to honor those that have died while servicing our nation. So there a quick tidbit on today!

So how did we spend our Memorial day weekend you ask? Well Friday was a field trip with Jakeb's school. We went to the Discovery Center, we have been before but it was nice to go again and hang out with my Jakey boy. They had tons of neat little centers set up for the kids...my fav part of the day was wading in the creek with the boots! Saturday I hosted a baby shower for my friend Hope...she is having a baby girl in June (hopefully!--she is having contractions already but we hope she holds on a little longer!) I had a really nice time and it was great to visit with everyone that came :) Plus baby showers are fuN!!
Sunday the fam and I headed up to David (my stepdad's) sister Cynthia's house for a family gathering. They have a pool and rented blow up slides for the kids so it's was great fun...esp for the kiddies! It was nice to see everyone also, we don't get to see them as often as we used to so it's always nice to get to hang out again :) That and the boys were EXHAUSTED! Can you believe we got to sleep in til nearly 8:30!! Seriously that NEVEr happens. They fell asleep in the car around 8:45 last night and Jakeb was up of course by 7:30 but he was content with cereal and some cartoons...Gavin woke up at 8:25 and Zachary slept til nearly 9. Wowzers!! I think we need to wear them out like that more often lol! Here are some pics of them from yesterday...

Jakeb and Zachary catching air on the slides! Zachary LOVED them...Jakeb did as well--when the water was turned off and it wasn't as fast hehe.
And this is Gavin and Jaxon, my cousin Christy's youngest--they were so cute playing together (and fighting LOL) They are a little over 4 weeks apart and are both too dang cute! Jaxon has the best little smile ever I could just squeeze him up!
TOday was spent lounging around "poolside" --ie the kiddie pool was filled, the boys played, and I lounged (as much as possible!). We did get some very much needed rain this afternoon so that was good! We had dinner with Robert's parents tonight as well :) More burgers and dogs LOL! But it was yummy! Bryan (robert's bro) cooked for us all and he did a great job! It was nice to hang out with everyone there as well :)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed