Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little bit of catch up!

Haven't a chance to post...well that's a lie, I have but I am bad at managing my time--secrets out, anyway I am posting finally about Zman's very first baseball practice and our very first trip to an air show...and various events in the week. So right now that you have a summary...feel free to read on...
So yeah Zachary's ball practice last week...very cute! He has been so excited about starting, however when we met his coach a month or so ago he would not say hello and in fact hid his little self behind me. So I have been very anxious to see how he would do, his response was a little better than I anticipated so that was good! He warmed up pretty quickly :) Surprisingly to anyone who actually knows Zachary, he is VERY, VERY shy. He rarely will talk to anyone he doesn't know and even those he does know it takes him a few minutes to warm back up to them. His teachers at school always comment how quiet and serious he is...I questioned if they were talking about MY child. The very loud, very rowdy little boy I have is rarely quiet and even less serious at least around us :) So knowing all this I expected him to be hesitant...but he did good walked out with everyone (granted he did have Robert with him the whole time). The coaches had all the kids stand on home plate and then told them (very excitedly) to run to 1st, 2nd, etc all the kids took off running...except...Zachary. He started to walk, then stood there looking as though he would burst into tears. Robert grabbed his hand and tried to get him to run but all he managed was a walk, but he did go around the bases. Then they busted out the bats and let him go first...this time he did RUN the bases...holding Robert's hand, and did this several more times and finally ran the bases all by himself. So he did come out of his shell finally! So yay for him. And man oh man were those kids CUUUUTE! Zachary was of course the cutest, IMO. I am excited for him, for both of them.
This was his response when all the kids took off running for 1st.

Jakeb is coming around...we just need to work with him quite a bit more. He's afraid of the ball now soooo that makes things a little tricky for him. But he will get there, after-all he IS only 6 and never been one for sports.


Now Gavin as posted previously is ALL about it. He again tonight wowed us all with his mad skills on the field. Jakeb's coach even pitched one to him for him to hit (which he did) and then ran the bases with him (which was adorable), after which he had a coughing fit. Poor kid! He's sick this week and his asthma is flared up like crazy. Zachary also got in on the action and hit several pitched to him and even ran the bases. We are having fun with baseball this year!
Now for the Air show :) We hit that up this past Sunday...yes the Sunday in which it barely got over 40 degrees. It was a complete last minute decision, I knew I wanted to go but knew Saturday was out because of other plans. So we rushed up there Sunday, the show was very cool but it was also very cold. So we had a nice time but hopefully next time we go we can enjoy it a lot more. It was just SO cold! Anyway here are a few pics from the show...We had Caroline with us for it as well. Her and Zachary are so nuts about each other it's well...nuts.

1 comment:

Angie Morris said...

Awe those are such cute pics......and glad you guys survived the air show LOL

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed