Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Dance baby Dance!

That is what we did last night! Oh what fun! Really, it was! Jakeb on Monday afternoon told me he wanted to have a dance party...yep believe it, Mr. No Dance himself requested a dance party. So I told him that a dance party did of course require dancing, to which he then said nevermind I don't want a dance party, but after so more discussing he decided that yes he wanted a dance party. We scheduled our dance party last night and gosh they were so cute! Jakeb instructed us on our attire for this event...it was to be "fancy clothes" he chose a button up "jacket" aka a button up shirt and his nice shorts, Zachary wore the same, and Gavin wore one of his nice outfits. I was told that I needed to wear a dress..."like the ones you wear out to dinner with your friends" is what he told me...although I have never worn a dress to dinner LOL! Then he said we needed fancy drinks and fancy food...I stopped it there because we don't have fancy drinks nor fancy food especially not 5 min before the party...on a school night no less! LOL. We borrow a strobe light from Hope and cranked up the music and went to town. OMG talk about cute and funny!! Jakeb dance his little tush off and of course Zachary did as well! Another moment of me swelling up with happiness watching them play and dance and just have a great time. Jakeb doesn't dance EVER, in fact the few times I have tried to get him to dance with me resulted in him in tears that's how much he doesn't want to dance so this was a BIG deal! I of course took lots of pictures before and after and video taped...the neighbors probably are wondering what in the world was going on over here! It was so fun!
Now to brag on myself...which I don't know if I do very often...I know in my own head I don't LOL. My photog class is going very well! I really just love it...I want to have my own darkroom so bad! There is something about developing and printing your own pics. Looking at a picture and knowing you created that picture...obviously not the person or the subject but the picture itself, you took, you processed! Speaking of processing...I came across some pictures online recently and the people where talking about the processing of the picture and it just struck me as odd because they are digital there is no processing! LOL But it's different you do process them digitally but not nearly to the hand done magnitude of film. It's just so freaking cool! Don't get me wrong I am all about my digital SLR, but there is something to be said for film. And most professional film photographers are pretty anti digital...many don't even own digital. It's interesting to see the division of the two. The art of it all. Anyway random tangent...so in my class we have critques of our pictures from the assignment each week and everyone (well those who do their work!) hangs their pictures on the wall for everyone to see and the professor to critique. And I see the others and think those are so much better than mine...but he seems to think I do quite well in my printing and picture taking :) He actually said one of my prints was "beautifully done" and looked "just like it's supposed to" the printing quality and the picture. It was so nice to hear! Yay me! THEN in my geog class my professor in there told me I write very well...something that I have the hardest time with when writing papers because I feel like I write horribly! So that was great to hear too :) It's nice to get those compliments! School is going quite well so that is great :)
Not been too busy this week, which has been nice! Just school for all of us, we had lunch with some friends today and Zachary had his tumbling class. Tomorrow is school for J and Z and Kindermusik for G-baby. Tonight I read the boys a book "Bear of My Heart" and it's a VERY sweet book, a new favorite of mine! And I told the boys about it being a Mommy Bear talk to her baby etc etc and when I tucked them in I said "Goodnight Bear of my Heart" to each of them...Zachary's response? "I am not a Bear, I am ZACHARY of your heart" Awww!!
Ok enough gushing about my 3 bears of my heart .....and myself!
Here are some pics from our dance party last night....

Before the "party"...

Again all of us before the party...not sure why the pic got all pixeled and ignore my non fancy hair...this was last minute afterall!

Zachary breaking down!

Jakeb shaking a leg...or an arm!

All 3 of them moving and grooving, so cute!

Spinning each other around

Getting silly!

Not many of Gavin boy because he was a little freaked about with all the commotion and the strobe light! So I am holding him in all the pictures...you can tell in the one of all us before hand he looks scared. We set the timer on the camera and they/we kept getting all excited and running up to it to set it then running off and he didn't know what we were doing and why we kept running from the camera so it scared him LOL! Poor kid! Anyway it was lots of fun!

Have a great few days!

3 comments:

Angie Morris said...

OMG that is so funny!!! You should send out invites next time so we can all party!

Amber said...

How cute!

Briana said...

What a FUN idea!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed