Let's see if I can keep this post to a minimum...the last two were a little novel-ish.
Nothing too exciting going on this week. Jakeb seems to be adjusting to school quite well and we are all adapting to the new schedule. Zachary also seems to be thoroughly enjoying school this year which is wonderful! He sings little songs he has learned and tells me about his day, and that is just great! Me on the other hand am not adjusting quite so well just yet. I am planning on going in sometime on Sunday to get my prints developed or at least try to figure it all out again and may end up having to come back on Tuesday but we'll see. I was able to find my notes so I am not quite so moronic and that's refreshing haha. My geography class is giving me a run for my money already...we have papers due each week and while they are not particularly difficult in nature the last one I thought I faired quite well. That is of course until I got into class and began discussing what HE thought it should contain. Let's just say I was ashamed to turn my in...ugh! Let's hope he grades nicely in this class, I know he did for the other! I know once I get back into the swing of things and get a few assignments behind me for both classes I will feel better with it all. But I will be very happy to see this semester over and not only for graduation. I always get anxious for school to start but then once it gets going and assignments start getting due I remember that it's just one more thing for me to do and everything else gets put on the back burner...well aside from the kids!
Robert should be home in just a bit, in fact I am expecting him to call any minute now and let me know his plane has arrived. I know he's glad to be done with Canada for a bit! He's been there the last 3 weeks and it will be nice not to have to worry with that travel.
I let the boys have a treat tonight since it's Friday and they are camped out in the "toy room" bed and got to sit up and watch "Peter Pan". I went in and snuggled with them for the movie and that was nice. Now they are both crashed out. We have a sleeper sofa in there and they always think it's a fun treat to sleep in there.
I am watching my cousin's 17 month old for her tonight. Jaxon...I haven't seen him in several months so he really has no clue who I am, poor kiddo! But he's done pretty well, went to sleep without a peep and other than being freaked out by the dog he's been just fine. Needed some comforting here and there but nothing I couldn't handle :) He thinks Jakeb and Zachary are a riot and they keep calling him Ean. Which Jakeb informed me tonight he would like to change his name to "Ean" because it's such a "nice name" as he says. LOL I watched a friends baby boy last Thursday and they have talked about him almost everyday since then. Zachary has told me several times how he misses Ean and that he loves him...seriously I think they saw him for all of 45 min because they were across the street playing! I guess they thought he was staying longer when I put him to sleep here. Silly kids! Least they love other kiddo's, especially babies!
Mr Gavin is finally getting his molar's in and was a Grouch-O for a good portion of the week. He seems to be perking up but YIKES has that kid got a temper! And STUBBORN whew...but dang he's so little and cute, I forget he's getting out of that "baby" stage. I realized yesterday morning that it is just dumb that I have been giving him bottles....now before you say noooo that's not so bad. Realize this child didn't even START getting bottles like this til he was 11 or so months old. Now nod your head in agreement...yes dumb! He still nurses at nap and bedtime but when I am not here I usually leave a bottle of whole milk for whomever is putting him to bed and when he gets up from nap I often give him a bottle. It dawned on me yesterday morning that I was most certainly NOT doing that with the other 2 and that he is 16 months old and I really should not being doing that with him still. It just never occured to me LOL! The other 2 boys didn't even take bottles and then he kinda started to so I though oooh fun!! haha...so that's my task is to stop giving him bottles like a big doof! That and to try to wean him down to just nursing at bed time. I am going to have Robert try putting him down for napy this weekend sans bottle and sans nursing and see how that goes. I don't anticipate it being that bad actually, he's pretty good about his sleep.
I have tried so many times to get my office in order and I really believe it's just an impossible task. I straighten it and reorganize only for more stuff to get dumped in here 15 min later! It's quite maddening but whatcha gonna do? It's funny how uptight/anal I used to be about things being tidy and no clutter and since having kids...especially now that they are older....I am SO much more relaxed about it. I certainly drives me nuts but not like it used to. It really is amazing how much having children changes people...you think it won't but oh so wrong.
Alrighty....I am shutting up now before I get on some other tangent.... I want to head down and tidy up a bit more before Robert gets home...that and I just heard my cell phone ringing...from the back yard LOL.
Have a great weekend!!
OOOOH one more thing a sad thing to end on really BUT I have been following this little boys story for quite some time, check in on him multiple times a day and things had been looking so well but they posted on their updates that things aren't doing as well and I wanted to send out more prayers for them! So if you have a chance please check out and prayer for Baby Ethan: http://ethanpowell.com/Encrypted.cfm?id=121
No comments:
Post a Comment