So it's spring....and has been for a couple weeks now...for almost a month in fact. But outside it's very obviously spring. True to southern weather form we are being blessed with multiple perfect weather days and having a few cold ones tossed at us. I have been working on swapping clothes and packing clothes, passing clothes onto friends and goodwill and clothes, clothes, clothes! Anyone that knows me long knows that I tend to go a bit overboard on clothes....what!? You only have 7 pairs of shorts....crazy...let's go buy 245 more so you can't shut your drawers and I have mountains of laundry every week. So I am trying TRYING to keep it simple...but that's hard for me! So far so good....swapping clothes out for 6 people is a lot. Trying to store boxes of clothes for the next kiddo is also a lot because there are LOTS of boxes!
The leaves on the trees are green and our azaleas are blooming like crazy...the weeds in the back yard are trying to take over our house is covered in pollen because I just have to have the windows open...it's spring and we are loving it.
We had a home study visit this past week but don't anticipate being officially licensed til roughly June'ish. Which is GOOD....May is a crazy busy month and the older Nolan gets the better. We are slowly but surely working out his sleep issues. For the past week or so he has been sleeping in his twin bed in his room and doing awesome! In fact I have stopped laying with him to get him to sleep and now sit at the foot of his bed in the rocking chair until his falls asleep. My goal of having him weaned from nursing by 18 months is not going to happen but now that we aren't traveling out of the country the urgency with that is gone so I am not going to rush that along too much. I think however that weaning him at night may fix the night time waking but for now it's ok...most nights.
We are fast approaching the end of the school year which blows my mind! I am very much looking forward to summer and hopefully a beach vacation of some sort.
One of these days I will get pictures of the stairway remodel up...once I get the darn steps repainted that is...it will get done! Enjoy your spring day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment