Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow.  I have thought several times over the last 2 days...about my post for 2012.  Honestly I am still thinking.  I haven't had a moment to sit and reflect over the past year...Really the year rolled over and life rolled along right with it.  New Years is one of my favorite holidays.  Something seems almost magical about the beginning of a new year.   And this one is no different really but it is at the same time.  
We had no major life changing events occur in 2012 and for that I am glad.  We just trucked along doing our thing...we had birthdays and good days and bad days and while most seems to rush by at lightening speed I can say it was a good year.  Our first entire year as a family of 6.  
My goals for the year were bountiful and some I met and some I am still working on...some I will likely work on for years to come.  More patience, relaxing, etc etc.
Being honest here I can't come up with a profound thing to say about the past year.  I think my head is still swirling around in May and can't quite come to grips with the fact that 2012 is in fact over.  I feel like if I can just hit pause for just a darn second I could catch up and reflect.   I know it was a good year and I know that there were rough times and wonderful times and times I could sit and pin point and say "this day was amazing" but they are lost in pictures and thoughts that feel a million miles away.  If the fact that I haven't blogged in over 2 weeks is any indication...I have been distracted.  The boys are home and honestly while our holidays were wonderful--world things in December just were...well poopy.
Our family and in our house and life things are good.  The year was a darn good one and for us it ended well.  We spent the last evening of the 2012 year partying it up with loud music and movies with 5 little boys we love.  (Jakeb's bff was here celebrating with us)  We toasted with champagne and sparkling juices (and water for Gavin)  We lit sparklers and snuggled up good.  It was the perfect ending to 2012.  Happy New Year Friends!  

1 comment:

Kim said...

Happy New Year my friend!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed