Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cat scratch fever.

My mean ole' cat scratched me pretty good the other day...it hurts and he's not really mean but that was not nice. He was all like hey don't fold that laundry I am LAYING ON IT...so I snatched it out from under him and he was like biiiiittccchhh I said don't touch that, smack. So maybe it was my fault but whatever. Cats are cool just so you know...for all you cat haters. That's the first decent cat scratch I have had in years and we have 3 cats. So yeah.
When I was in 5th grade I thought I was the bees knees because I had one little ole nail that was long so I walked up to a girl and was like hey girl look at this long nail...isn't it sharp on your hand, haha. Then I moseyed on to my seat...10 seconds later she walks up to me grabs my hand and proceeds to scratch the top layer of my skin off with her 4 fingers. 23 years later I still have the scars to prove it and think it's a funny story...funny weird. Also funny because I remember standing in the hall listening to my teacher rip her a new one because hello...obvious. This girl is also a Facebook friend, unless she deleted me which is totally possible because I don't keep tabs on that stuff. So if the cat scratch scars too I guess it will match and maybe one day I will learn not to mess with folks...but totally overreacted....and I probably won't learn.
I feel like I perpetually have a million and ten things I want to do and some days I am like Oh.my.god. so much to do and some days I am like whatever man...who cares...everything is great. And really both of those days are needed...because without the freak out days I would never do a darn thing and without the whatevers I would need to be locked away. I am totally a list maker but totally a list maker who then loses or forgets the list...it is what it is because usually once I make the list I don't need it. My memory is cool like that. I could probably dial your phone number twice and know it forever and ever. Or at least for a long time. But I can't remember to bring a grocery list.
We hit up a foster care orientation this Monday. I feel good about it but at the same time very freak out too. I wish I had a crystal ball because I know an adoption will happen eventually it's just the eventually that makes me scared. And my boys being broken hearted when a baby we adore has to leave. I keep saying...we will just see what happens. My motto so very often is one foot in front of the other just keep moving...and this is no different. I am excited and nervous and excited and scared and excited and nervous....and also we have a bit to do before we are licensed. I also drove to the post office today and dropped in a letter saying we would like to close our file with our agency. This makes me sad but right now I can't sit in limbo and I just can't put the time and emotions into another country...after 2 that's it...for now. We will give this option a try, we shall see.
I promise I will get Christmas pictures up here...and also I need to get Nolan's one year pictures done. I would have preferred that they were done at 12 months but they weren't and that's ok. Here are a few random pictures for ya...the first are my new "boots" which I am excited about...A)I never buy myself nice things and B)I never myself "different" things...this makes me happy and also they are super cute. Nolan is cute in his $2 overalls and Robert taught Jakeb and Zachary leg wrestling...and also on the 2nd day of the year we took Jakeb's best friend 1/2 back to his house and stopped in at Ruby Falls.
and that's that...







No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed