The thing for me is that I need recognition. There aren't awards and speeches made about the mother that stays at home....at least not while children are young and the mother needs it. In the end is what I try to remind myself, that as adults and older men the male people of this house will get it. Will understand why from time to time I seem to loose my mind. Over something stupid like a sock or a lego or that darn cup under the chair for the past month. All the things that just magically happen....that I do. And at times it's overwhelming and while I wouldn't trade my position and trek off to work I do need a way to keep my sanity. I have yet to figure out what that is...aside from hiring a cook, a nanny, a overall maintenance man, a cleaning lady, a financial advisor, and a personal shopper. Interesting that my one position is that of roughly 6 people. Yes this is basically a whining about my job post...whining that I have to clean the toilet again, that I sat in pee again, that the darn cup really has been under the chair for a month and I will likely be the one to finally pick it up, whining that the carpet needs cleaning, the budget needs balancing, good lord even about the mail that needs to be checked.
All of the itty bitty little things that eventually get the best of me. And especially now....when Gavin is sick again and I am tired and flat out overwhelmed. Until tomorrow when I will pull myself up by the bootstraps and get over my whining and get to cleaning.
1 comment:
A-freaking-MEN!!!
Post a Comment