Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Twelve---beach side!

So I am trying to stay away for a lengthy time but the boys just sat down to watch Ghostbusters and I honestly can't watch it all with them LOL....so I will join them in a few! I will do a quick 12 since it's been a bit since I posted :).

1. We are currently located across the street from the beach in Marco Island, Florida.

2. Robert and I actually traveled without the laptop...but unfortunately (for my self control) my dad brought his. We have ZERO self control but it's sitting on the eat-in kitchen table calling my name every time I walk by.

3. The kids and I just made Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stove and they thought it was the best thing ever. Especially my dancing while we "continuously shook pan in very fast circular and back and forth motions" per the directions LOL.

4. We are staying in a house here and OMG is this the.best.thing.ever.EVER. We have our own pool directly off the dining room. If we want to leave towels or swimsuits out on the chairs we can...if the kids splash and get rowdy it's no big thing. Seriously I am spoiled.

5. We are a quick walk to the beach and while I do miss being directly on the beach...the not having to get in the car to drive to the beach was a Must. It's fabulous.

6. Robert is desperately trying to convince me to move to Florida....I just can't do it...at least not yet. One of the nice things about his job is that we can go anywhere we want provided a) we can afford to live there and b) it's relatively close to an airport. I asked Jakeb what he thought about that and he said YES! let's go...I told him he would be leaving all his friends...his response? "Well I can make new ones" well ok then...LOL

7. We drove over the Everglades National Park today and took a boat ride out and saw the most awesome natural dolphin show ever...it was amazing. Several dolphins jumping over the waves from the boat...even a baby one with it's Mommy! It was super cool...and I promise I have pictures.

8. Jakeb and Zachary are fish and I am calling to get them in swim lessons asap when we get home. They can swim but are beyond ready to learn proper ways to swim.

9. The pool goes to 8ft and Zachary can swim to the bottom and get things off the bottom..he's 5. That's amazing to me.

10. We have scared Gavin enough that he won't get in the pool at all without a life jacket on...thank god.

11. I haven't exercised officially in over a week...maybe longer. That's just not good. I did do a few laps in the pool last night...whew that's a work out.

12. I am already dreading having to leave....we only have 3 full days here :(

13. one more sorry...My grandmother is coming over to visit tomorrow! We are all excited to see her, she is staying the night with us, it will be nice to get to visit for so long!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am SO jealous! Can I come next time? ;) Glad you're having so much fun, and can't WAIT to see those pics! Miss ya, girl :)

Kim said...

So glad you had a great time. I'm so jealous!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed