Friday, June 26, 2009

Conversations...

Wanted to blog these before I forget...this past weekend as we were riding in the car to a friends house. I was telling Jakeb and Zachary that both of my friends we were visiting have babies and we need to behave and be gentle etc. Which of course brought on THE question from Jakeb, "How DO babies get in tummy's anyway?" cough*um*well*chuckle*cough*...now he has asked this before and I have dodged it quite well, answering with things like well a mommy and daddy love each other or well they are there to grow etc. And that worked just fine...this time nope...The whole when a "Mommy and Daddy love each other" line didn't work...he again said well no "How do they get there then..." and then said..."do they Mommy's eat a special food or something?" I love it, love the innocence still there. Robert then said well we'll talk about IT later...gah! "No, no we can talk about it now" I said. And then remembered what a fellow blogger had told her son...and went for it..."well when Mommy's and Daddy's love each other and they hug and kiss and stuff...and hey look out there at that cool tree..." Crisis averted, innocence saved...didn't even have to say the S-E-X word. Whew...yes we shelter in this house LOL. After all he's only SEVEN...and his brothers were in the car...we have plenty of time for the REAL conversation.
Then yesterday I was out laying by the "pool" (you saw pictures of this pool)...the boys and I were chit chatting and Jakeb blurts out..."You have wrinkles...wrinkles right here" (and points around his mouth). I said gee thanks, that's great. Zachary jumped to my defense after a quick study of my face and proclaimed "No she doesn't!" so they then are back and forth as to whether or not I do actually have wrinkles. Nice. I did let Jakeb know that's not really something people want to here and we left it at that. BUT not 30 min later, Zachary and I are sitting on the chair and he is smacking my thigh...and then annouces..."Hey look, I can make waves on your leg!" Lovely...so I have wrinkles and wavy legs...aka flabby. Joy of joys.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm dying at the wrinkles and flab...aren't boys terrific;)

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

my famous line "mommies and daddies give each other special hugs and kisses!!!"

i LOVE it!

Rachel said...

Yes thanks for that one...worked like a charm!

Kim said...

Amy's line is getting a serious work out in the middle TN area!! LOVE IT!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed