Monday, June 22, 2009

Barely Above...

I am getting the feeling again...the feeling that I am barely keeping my head above water. I get this feeling from time to time...honestly I think it's a "back of my mind" feeling all the time and sometime it comes to the surface. This feeling isn't about my emotional stability, it's solely based on the overwhelming amount of things I have to do to keep things running smoothly for me. I think the majority of the people in my house are A-ok with the house being a wreck, pieces of dirt or trash on the floor, dirty clothes thrown around, marginally clean dishes, dirty kids, clothes, shoes, counters...most have no clue what a bill is much less paying them. They have zero clue what exactly *I* do. Well I do...and I do a lot. Some days it's just overwhelming. I want to throw my hands up, stomp out of the room, and yell F-it. Typically I don't...or at least I don't yell it. Today...actually not even all of today...just the past 2 hours of being home has been one of those times.
I walk around the house and see all the things that have been neglected while we have been on the go the past few weeks and just UGH. The carpets are stained, the shelves are dusty, the floors are dirty, the rooms are messy, the laundry needs to be folded (again), the dogs are dirty, the yard is a wreck, the mail needs filing....the list goes on and on...on and on...and it makes my head spin. And as I type this Gavin is getting out of bed, the dogs are barking to come in--yet they cannot because they are covered in mud and have now coated the GLASS back door with a nice layer of slimy muddy paw prints and drool....and there are flies flying around my head thanks to the backdoor. Yes I am feeling quite flustered this evening...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there, girl. Everything will slow down soon and you'll feel better *hugs*

NICK, ANGIE, SAM, AND DREW said...

Hey, that sounds like my house. You mean I'm not the only one....you made me feel better. :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed