1. School started yesterday! On one hand I was ready and on the other I really do enjoy the boys being home and the relaxed schedule.
2. Dropping Jakeb off yesterday at the big middle school was HARD. I had geared myself up and was ok and he was ok...until the morning of and then he was really nervous which made me really nervous and then he got out of the car and looked so little and nervous and scared and then I nearly burst into tears. When I sent him off to kindergarden I walked him to class and stood around with him and introduced him to his teacher and made sure he was ok. You can't do that when they are 11 even if you want to....even if he deep down wanted me too. He had to navigate something new on his own...and that's scary and good and part of growing up. I was very proud of him.
3. Gavin and Zachary barely even told me bye...they let me take their picture in front of their classrooms and didn't give me a second glance. They have both been at the same school for 3 years now, they know all the teachers and all the kids so they were ready! Perks of a small school!
4. We are days or weeks away still from being approved for foster care...crazy! I have been saying the same thing for weeks now...it hasn't changed.
5. Robert finished the boys "closet" in their room over the weekend. I LOVE that that is finally done...no more clothes stuff all over.
6. I am finally starting to feel less guilty over hiring cleaning people. It's a HUGE help....I rarely have help with the house work or the kids and this is my help. It's a splurge for sure but a well spent one.
7. This is my last week keeping the little baby girl I have been watching. We will be sad not to see her every week but it was time...our schedule is going to be picking up and both her parents and I need more of a set "schedule"
8. Nolan is talking up a storm...his newest phrases have been "Dog, bark" "Mommy, Home" and "Mommy, comp!" aka come
9. With the return of school is the return of "morning Gavin"...morning Gavin stomped down stairs this morning and announce he was NOT going to school. I told him he needed to get dressed and he said "No I don't, I already told you 100 times I am NOT going to school" Ok then....we try to ignore "morning Gavin" he usually snaps back to nice everyday Gavin as soon as he eats.
10. Zachary is in 4th grade this year and seems so very "mature" and ready for 4th grade.
11. We have had a very mild summer...it's been wonderful!
12. I can't think of another one!
No comments:
Post a Comment