Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's happening..

Life is happening...faster than I can keep up with most days and certainly faster than I can blog about.  We are blazing right into busier times and while some days I think whew this is a lot, most I enjoy the busy-ness.   I enjoy most of the day at home with Nolan we have a good little routine and with our occasional errands or trips to the school we stay close to home.  So my days are busy and slow...house hold "chores" and hanging out with my little bear.   Afternoons tend to get a little chaotic and by 8pm I stop and think well ok then...another day down.  It's 9 now and like most nights I am in bed scrolling thru "my websites" I frequent and enjoying my quiet down time.  I am an odd bird and rarely turn on the TV.   During the day Nolan and I listen to Pandora a lot...my current favorite stations are the "Of Monsters and Men" station and the "Lana Del Rey" station.   
Nolan is all about "Bubble Guppies" and asks to watch "Guppies" a lot during the day....last week he called them "Gubba Gees" and now he has mastered "Guppies".   He is talking so very much lately.  Many words he couldn't say he is mastering...Phone used to be "feefee" and now it's "phone".  Fortunately he is still calling Gavin "Guy-Guy" and Jakeb is still "Sobe'", Zachary has now progressed from "Zassy" to "Zachy".   
The boys are all doing fabulous with school.   I am so very proud of all of them.  They really are great little and not so little boys.   I would love to toot our own horns but most of it is just them...sure we parent how we parent but their personalities certainly shine thru and I love watching them grow and blossom into the people they are.  Jakeb is doing so well with middle school so far and I am so thrilled with him and for him.  Homework is catching up with him a little and right now he's rocking a cold but he is doing so well keeping up with his assignments and folders.  I am sure the novelty will wear off soon enough but he is just doing great.
Zachary our "wild man" is so studious it is some times surprising.  He has a wonderful work ethic and he too tries very hard to do well and keep up with his work and assignments.  He is in 4th grade now and I am still having to remind myself that he's no longer in 3rd and the fact that he is closer to 10 than 9 is amazing.   He is thoughtful and considerate.  This past week he brought home a little note a classmate had written about him stating "Zachary talked to me and played a game with me".  I love that his teacher does this.   
Gavin, our silly goose lately.  He's our little math whiz.  He is now in 2nd and again I keeping calling him my 1st grader... and then saying wait no 2nd.  I swear this last year went by at lightening speed.  We all keep having to remind ourselves that he is now 7 and not 6.  He is so darn sweet and thoughtful....he loves to be helpful.  He also isn't is a fan of school and rebels that nearly every single morning.  He is trying to be better and I know he will get there.  He struggled with homework the very first night and now rocks it out without much complaint.  Tonight I felt his frustration growing but he was able to keep that in check and stayed calm and that is awesome.   He is learning to love to read too and that is fantastic!
A brief update on the kiddo's....or a brief brag fest eh?   Two days ago I wouldn't have said all of this...I would have griped about how they didn't do dishes and didn't pick up their clothes....but sometimes I just like to remember how really great they are...how all of the other frustrations are so minimal compared to all of the ways that they do so very well.  The frustrations that I know echo nearly every other parent around.  Certainly not reason to ignore them but definitely not things to dwell about...
I wanted to do a 12 yesterday but obviously didn't...maybe next week.  Our summer weather has been so mild lately and I am loving it!  Poor Nolan is pretty eaten up with mosquito bites from our outside time but it's just been so nice out we have to enjoy it.   Hope everyone is able to do the same!
  

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed