Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Back to the grind...

We got home from vacation on Sunday.   Aside from rain and some stomach issues we really had a good one...REALLY we did.   It was as usual much too short but the house was great, the pool was great, and the beach even better (minus the itsy bitsy jelly fish the first 2 days)   Nolan was not quite as eager to hit up the beach as I was hoping...and I really wasn't expecting one way or another.   In fact the kid is usually so go with the flow (unless we are talking sleeping all night or eating) that I do expect from time to time for him to have some "wait just a darn minute" moments.  So fair enough he wasn't as into sand all over his body and water that moved as I had hoped but he napped like a champ on the beach and by the end of the week was enjoying it more.  
We ate the best fish tacos ever--granted I don't eat fish very often and I don't think think I have ever actually eaten fish tacos...but these were really really good.   So good we got them twice and had they been open a 3rd as it was our last stop on the way off the island.   We made a pit stop on the way down at Silver Springs which used to be an amusement park of sorts with animal exhibits and boat rides...it's somewhat sad to see how run down it is now because the springs are so incredible we were really in awe.   We knew ahead a time thanks to various reviews online that everything except the boat ride was gone so we just stopped to explore the springs and check out what was left...definitely worth the stop!  Robert and I both were dying to be in kayak's cruising around, absolutely gorgeous.   So on the way home we decided to stop and check out another spring site,  Juniper Springs...this one you are allowed to swim.   The water stays at 72 degrees so it's quite chilly but the boys all got in and spent some energy for the trek home!   I wish we had more time to spend there exploring and checking things out.   I certainly have a curiosity to explore and discover new areas and I especially love some that are a little "off the beaten path".   Next time you are on your way south take the time to stop at one of the springs they really are worth the stop!
So now it's back to reality and the boys are back to school in 12 days...and one minute it's a good thing and the next I am thinking it's not.   We all need a break from each other for sure but gosh our summers are short!   Nolan will certainly be missing them during the day.   I am just floored by how quickly the year has gone by....I know I say it all the time but as I am putting August on the calendar and knowing that the next months will get here just as quickly it's is just baffling.   In just 3 1/2 months Nolan will be 2 and in 6 months I will have another double digit kiddo in the house.  Time certainly flies and it seems to fly faster the older I get.
And with that a few pictures from the first part of the trip!














No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed