Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Twelve on Tuesday

1.  We made it thru the first week of school relatively unscathed.   Despite 2 colds already we are trucking onto week 2.

2.  Jakeb is enjoying middle school and the independence it allows...while he seems overwhelmed with the abundance of new information he is receiving he seems to be really enjoying tackling it all in new larger environment.

3.  I find myself wanting to video every little cute thing Nolan does...so we don't forget.  I never can catch it all...my new faves are him cheering when people applause on TV.  He claps, says "yay" and "woo" in the cutest little voice ever.   He also likes to copy me calling for Lucy in a stern voice...claps his hand yells "suuussssy COME" in this little growly tough boy voice. The cutest.

4.  Discovered we had a few more paperwork items to knock out for our home study....nothing hard to obtain and in fact I had everything but one item in my hand in 5 minutes.  The last (a septic inspection) is a little bit more time consuming so working on getting that finished up.  

5.  We are still having to work out the kinks in the pick up/drop off routine....thus far I take Zachary and Gavin come home and snag Jakeb and then head home.  Z and G ride the bus home and shortly after they get home we go get Jakeb....not sure how we are going to work out his bus venture.   The bus won't get home until 4:15 and he has swim team starting at 4:30 soon.  That's not going to work. 

6.  I don't mind the morning shuffle it gives me some quiet car, coffee, and chat time with the boys.  

7.  I would like to load some more beach pictures up one day this week...hopefully I will get to it!

8.  Nolan is at the age I miss the most with the big boys and while there are times when I need a break for the most part I am just really having fun with him....despite his less than stellar sleep habits he really is a happy cheerful little guy.  

9.  I still can't believe I have a middle schooler.   Amazing but also kinda cool.  

10.  Zachary has turned into quite the worrier lately...I hate that feeling that he is having...I know it all too well worrying is no fun.

11.  I am trying to be better about getting to sleep at a decent time.  It really makes a huge difference in my near painful feeling of having to get out of bed at 6!

12.  Gavin is turning into quite the little reader and is really enjoying the "Magic Treehouse" series of books!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed