It has occurred to me numerous times over the past...well however long it's been...my sense of time is basically shot....that my picture taking has dwindled down to basically zilch. I went from hundreds of pictures a month to maybe dozens while in reality this is probably a good thing it is a bit sad. The boys are gone all day or were and when we do go places the idea of lugging a 10lb camera around is less then enticing. Plus I got tired of the frustration of saying oh hey wait...let me get a picture and the exasperated sighs and grunts of displeasure that formed from that. In an attempt to regain my picture taking status I have tried to remember to bring my smaller camera's along on short trips--the zoo, the pool, etc. Sadly it seems 9 times out of 10 that I have either left a memory card (essentially no film) at home or a dead battery. Oops. SO having said all that...I am going to try to snag more pictures. I am hesitant to commit to the whole 365 thing again...because while that was a super cool self assignment. I have yet to actually do what I said I was going to do with it. Make a photo book. (note #1 to bored self looking for things to do when kids go back to school: make photo book). See I had all the pictures organized into files for each kid...all 365 pictures of each child. Which amounts to over 1000 pictures sorted and ready to go. I *girl who preaches about backing up files* did not back up these particular files and lost them. The pictures were duplicates and I have them in the main monthly files BUT I will have to go back thru all 12 months for each child and pick out the pictures. Not hard...just tedious. But oh so worth it in the end. Anyway...my camera is sad and lonely so I am going to try to take more pictures of kids or randomness and maybe even Robert. Watch out it's camera's gone wild up in here...ok not really...not even a little bit....but still. Fingers crossed I am not all talk on this...I try not to be like that but sometimes I am.
And also the idea of decorating a little girls room is settling in and OMGoodness. First I love, love decorating any room--specifically kids rooms. I am relatively good at it not like magazine omg gorgeous room good...but decent and if money grew on trees I maybe could slap a magazine room up in my house with very little effort. Right so anyway my boys have cute rooms...and a little girl room. With brightness and prettiness and girliness. Be still my excitement.
*side note* I got a phone call in the middle of this post...forgot about finishing it up until now (12:30) and somehow between when I started this post and when I finished it I decided it would be genius to rearrange the boys rooms. Have no fear I didn't do any heavy lifting and had the boys help A LOT. Gavin is now in the room with Jakeb and Zachary and his old room will be the toy/playroom. We will see how this works, I kinda think I am nuts.....but whatever. I like change. And apparently get distracted easily. Oops. The room is half finished much like this post was.
Right anyway look for more pictures and baby girl room stuff that is full of pretty.
No comments:
Post a Comment