Many have asked if we are continuing with the adoption now that we are pregnant...presumably the reason why we began the adoption to begin with. Presumably because well I said it was...it just wasn't the only reason. Here is how I look at this whole picture...this baby is a surprise the adoption wasn't. This baby is very much wanted and longed for...for a long time. The adoption did change that some but this baby doesn't change things with the adoption. Both (all) children were dreamt about and longed for--I can't imagine changing my mind about them--whether I birth them or not. I had dreams about little darked haired cuties from Col*mbia just as much as I have dreamt about holding a brand new baby girl in my arms. I dreamt them because they were in my heart already and that hasn't changed.
So on to the update....our new caseworker broke everything down for us and how things will play out over the next bit. Once the baby is born we will update all of our paperwork and then we will notify C*lombia of the changes. At that point our dossier will go on hold for 1 year. When it goes on hold this does not restart our approval date--that would remain the same--which was my biggest question. The year will suck, but is necessary and I know that and I am honestly glad it's enforced. From the date of approval it is just waiting--then it goes on hold--more waiting--then off of hold in November 2012 and then more waiting but we don't necessarily loose our "spot in line". We would not be referred any children during the 1 year time but will not have to restart our waiting once we come off of hold.
Our dossier is NOT currently approved. However apparently back in APRIL (yes this is the frustrating news) our previous caseworker received a request for additional information regarding some of our paperwork. I honestly expected this...our psychological report while nicely written was not thorough enough. Specifically when it came to discussing our reasons for wanting to adopt more specifically from Col*mbia. So had we received that information 2 MONTHS ago our dossier likely would have been approved already. Unfortunately we didn't and we will now need to rush to get this update. Our psychologist was not the friendliest so this will be frustrating. Ho hum, par for the course...we should expect a few bumps!
Basically that is the run down of what we can expect.
No comments:
Post a Comment