Knowing that every bit of the adoption is essentially put on the back burner right now is hard for my "mommy guilt". I know we have no choice and that for everyone it really is better but it doesn't make it easy. This adds to the inner turmoil I feel over being pregnant again...on one hand I am excited (very excited) and on the other kicking myself and feeling guilty for having to put our other child(ren) on hold. It does drag this process out quite a while. However with the way movement is going on Col*mbia it doesn't look like it was going to happen quickly to begin with.
I had my 14 week appt today. Everything sounds great....I have a doppler at home and this baby is a wild one. I can listen to it's heartbeat anytime I would like and oh my goodness...he/she is quite the wiggler. I go back again in 5 weeks (we will be on vacation the 4th week) and we will have our official anatomy scan and will officially find out what baby is provided he/she cooperates. I also get to do the gestational diabetes test early this go round since Zman was quite a large chunky monkey at birth. Works for me. Really can't believe we are at the second trimester already....or even discussing trimesters at all.
1 comment:
So, so excited for you - however your children arrive to your home they will be lucky and loved.
Post a Comment