Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"BTW, I am 5 today"



Gavin could not wait to turn five. His 2 very best friends turned five way back in September and October and since then he has been asking when he will be five. Explaining that was difficult and I think he finally gave up asking because 8 months is a long time to wait and ask. The week leading up to his birthday I gave him a count down but I really don't think he believed he was actually, finally going to turn 5.
We had his party 2 days before his birthday and several of his friends from school came as well as other close friends. He was very excited but also not please that he STILL wasn't five. Finally Monday rolled around and I let him know he was now FIVE. Several times thru the day he would remind me that he was five and the following day even said "I can't believe I am 5 now." This was a BIG deal.
Mr. Five year old. Is a awesome dude. We have said ever since he was a tiny tot that he has so much personality it literally swells up in him and bubbles out in ways he has nearly no control over. He is chatty and shy. He loves to play with his "brudders" and asks me ever single day when they will be home. He is a little perfectionist and writes his name carefully and slowly and gets frustrated very easily when he messes things up. He likes things to be just a certain way and is still crazy about his blanket which is often found draped over his shoulder as he walks around the house. He is the epitome of the baby of the family...and often has to be reminded that he is in fact no longer a baby and can do things for himself. He loves to snuggle especially with me--which is always welcome especially after his years of mad love for his daddy. My favorite are the random kisses he will lean up and give me when we are snuggling together. He is loving trying to learn Spanish words and I think is a little miffed that we are a bit preoccupied lately and haven't been doing this as much. He claims he in fact does NOT like babies and will not be looking at our new one...though I am certain he will cave and sneak a peek. He is very pumped to be starting Kindergarden in August and I know will do absolutely wonderful. He is one smart cookie and will breeze through. He is a wonderful happy little boy that we are crazy about. Happy FIFTH Birthday Gavin Arnold!!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed