Poor Gavin is sick....several months ago I would have added an exasperated again on the end of that statement. But for now he's just sick. Just a minor cold, nothing to be alarmed about...unless of course you are blessed with Asthma particularly this kind. A typical bout begins about like this...4pm notice it seems Gavin has gotten a slight runny nose....8pm Gavin goes to bed....11pm Gavin wakes up coughing to the point of needing a breathing treatment....2am needs another....6am wakes up again coughing and lots of labored quick breathing and determine a trip to the Dr. is probably in order. Now that we have been down this road many times we often wait the first day out which leaves me that evening kicking myself and wondering if we should hit up the ER. This time around the process was a bit more calm and we waited until day 2, and today I am kicking myself because I have never had my child tell me "I can't breath".
Makes ya panic just a wee bit. Thank goodness for nebulizers and fingers crossed this is something he out grows like his older brother did.
ETA: I did take him to the Doctor this morning, where he recieved a heavy duty treatment and a Rx for oral steroids.

No comments:
Post a Comment