is where I am.
We are trying to get settled here....not in TN but in Georgia. This comes with a great deal of mixed emotions that seem to hit me on and off throughout the day. I am absolutely smitten with our new house and all that I know we get to bring to it. But the thought of learning a new state, meeting new people, and all that comes with a state change is a bit overwhelming.
The first week hasn't come without hiccups. Within our first 5 min I discovered that our upstairs A/C unit is not working...again. We knew this but had hoped it had been repaired by my fantastic bro....but no dice. Unit has a leak and we must utilize the warranty that was purchased when we bought the house. By the rest of the evening we discovered a hefty leak in the kitchen that has caused damage to the wood flooring and the dry wall in the basement. Par for the course is what I keep telling myself...but after 24hrs of listening to the hum of fans and wondering exactly how we are going to foot the bill for all of this I am having a hard time remembering that. We are quite confident both of these issues should have been determined by our inspector. However the idea of calling him and "ripping him a new one" is nauseating for me. He is quite a nice man and from the same town we are--by chance. Robert has been elected for this task. Good luck to him.
Yesterday as I drove to Target it dawned on me...this is it. We aren't "home" anymore. We no longer live where I have lived my entire life. Wow. The last week was tough, though harder on Robert than me surprisingly. I had fretted and worried and cried a month before. The "lasts" were hard. The last time we would pick our boys up from the school Jakeb had gone to for the past 3 years. The last time they would attend karate with teachers we love. The last visit to the pediatrician that we adore. The last guitar lesson we had come to enjoy. The last visit with school friends and friends we know we just won't see again. It was just a difficult week. And quite frankly this one didn't start any easier. Here's hoping the next is fantabulous!
This evening we discovered a new friend in the garage. I will use the term "friend" lightly because I am quite positive he feels about me like I do about him. Don't touch me and we are a-ok. This new friend is a bright green froggy that likes our garage door. He is bright green with red eyes. The only place I have ever even seen a frog like this is at the zoo...Yikes. I thought I was "one with nature" apparently not as my trip to grab my purse from the van left me screaming for help. Ho hum...I can dig in the dirt as long as nothing that can crawl, walk, slither, or hop touches me.
The boys are adapting just fine...sleeping amazingly and rolling on into it. Summer break has started and they are thrilled. I am bummed the first week has started so hectically for them but they seem no worse for the wear. I can't wait to show them Mr. Red eyed Froggy picture in the morning....

No comments:
Post a Comment