Thursday, November 19, 2009

I see the moon and the moon see's me..

This evening we have a slight sliver of a moon shining in our sky. It becomes visible pretty early in the evening as I would imagine it does it skies all over.
One of Gavin's bestest pal's (he has 2...Evan and Aidan) is in town over the weekend and we met up with them to let the boys have a quick play at the park this evening before they continued on their journey to family. Shortly before we left we noticed the moon and my friend told me that Aidan had said the moon was broken. Gavin must have over heard this despite his running and screaming on the playground while we chatted..because as we were leaving he pointed to the moon and said "Oh look the moon is broken!" This then turned into an in depth discussion for the trip home. It really was quite sweet so I wanted to snatch it out of my head onto this screen before I forget....as I do so many wonderful things these days.
He asked me why the moon was broken, I told him it wasn't broken it's just blocked by the earth--I think that's right. This of course is too much for a 3 year old to understand so he continued with "Why is the moon broken?" then decided that "it's a shwinking moon" then switched to "Once I saw an Orange moon!" then him getting nearly upset because I couldn't produce another orange moon instantly...or at all. I tried explaining that the Orange moon will be back in a few weeks as well as the rest of the moon...but it will get smaller first. Then he asked why it's "shwinking" so I tried again with the "Earth is blocking the sun/moon thing again" Which turned into questions about "Earwf" He did seem to slightly understand the concept of every thing living on Earth. The next question was "Are duh Orwange moon and duh shwinking moon fwiends?" I tried telling him that they were friends because they are the same moon. Then he proclaimed as we were pulling onto our street "I wiss I could fly so I could fly up and get dat bwoken piece and give it back to duh moon!" Then he lept out of the car so he could run out and see one last peek of the moon before we headed inside. His excitement was awesome. And this conversation was had in all of 10 min.
His favorite questions to ask right now are "What's in things...." like "What is inside trees?" What is in side the road?" What is inside lights?" What is inside duh weaves?" What is inside cars?" I could go on and on...I try very hard to avoid saying "I don't know" but really "What IS inside leaves?"
Seriously I love this age...I hate that I feel like I missed it with Jakeb and Zachary because I was so busy tending to the younger sibling. But maybe I didn't maybe I just don't remember...which is why I write here.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed