So as previously posted Robert and I are working on a budget and trying to stick with it...(though over the years we have learned we aren't so good at that...but we do keep trying..). So there have been many conversations about it lately and apparently little pitchers DO have big ears...and they often over flow at the mouth. Today at Target Jakeb asked me how I was paying "for all this stuff!" I told him with money of course--after all it IS payday. And then got a semi lecture from him about the things I was buying that were NOT on the list as well as him asking me if I was putting it on a credit card. Robert and I were not so smart with credit cards in college and are still paying for it so he's gotten the "credit cards are horrible" speech. So right, we get up to the register and I am unloading all the stuff and hear Jakeb talking to the cashier..."So we don't have any money because went on vacation and we spent it all and we had to put things on a credit card" UM Shut up, boy!
Firstly while we did spend money on vacation that we didn't really need to spend we didn't put anything on a credit card (I am assuming he is confusing the debit card) and secondly it's not his business and certainly not the poor cashier at Target who wasn't sure how to respond LOL. As I checked out I laughed and said um yeah this is my debit card not my credit card and explained to her that he recently has gotten a credit cards are bad speech. She was slightly shocked...and it was then that I realized Jakeb is at that age. The age when some kids begin walking up to strangers and start telling them their life story. I have never been a big fan of those kids because they leave me feeling just like that poor cashier today...slightly chuckling saying uh yeah ok, not sure how to respond to the kid...however today I realized *I* have one of those kids. I hope he doesn't tell everything to his 2nd grade teacher....this past weekend he told my mother-in-law I said she was crazy. Yes someone needs to learn how to keep a secret (though I am virtually positive I did NOT say my mother-in-law was crazy).
2 comments:
Sorry I laugh, b/c I can totally see my child doing this someday.. as she repeats everything and remembers EVERYTHING I tell her! I have told Kaya the same speech about credit cards actually, so I better watch out, lol.
I have two of *those* kids. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment