Monday, July 13, 2009

Home again...

Our trip to VA Beach and Washington DC went marvelous. The kids trouped around with us dragging them all over DC with minimal complaining. All 3 fell asleep on the Metro on the way home from the 4th festivities...sweet boys LOVED the fireworks and were SO excited to get there. We really had a great time, the beach in VA was PACKEd with people. I have never been to a more commercial beach in my life..nor a beach so crowded it was crazy. But the kids had a blast on the beach. The waves were wild, and they could only handle going in just a ways before we had to keep life jackets on them. 2 big scary moments while were there...1st was Zachary getting into water over his head, I was right next to him so I jumped over to grab him. Grabbed him and went to put my foot down to walk out of the water and realized *I* couldn't touch...talk about scary since the waves and current were nuts. I had a brief moment of panic and then realized I was back to were I could touch. Because of the rip tide there was a small area that got quite deep right on the edge of the beach...it went from my knees to over my head very quickly. I can swim but not well enough, plus trying to hold on to Zachary. Yikes. I watched other kids get close to that area for a bit and then let the life guard know that it dropped like that...I would hate for something to happen and me not say anything! So all was well and the boys stayed in life jackets from then on out!

The following day we got down to the beach and got situated...Robert ran out to the water and I was putting more sunscreen on Zman. Jakeb starts dancing around saying he has to go potty (yes POTTY) I told him hold on a sec and he gets panicked and says he can't. Robert is in the water so I can't just run off and leave so I yell for him and hand Jakeb the key and tell him to get a head start I am right behind him (we were RIGHT out from our hotel)...I could see him the entire way and I ran behind him before he was even off the beach. I ran into the hotel and no Jakeb...asked the receptionist and she didnt' see him come thru. Told her if she saw him to tell him to wait for me there. Ran up to our room...no Jakeb. Back downstairs...No Jakeb. Not panicking yet start asking around no one has seen him. Check the downstairs bathrooms...no Jakeb. By this point everyoneworking in the hotel is looking for him...parents that were in the lobby are looking for him. I walk out to see if he went back to Robert on the beach...dont' see him. Apparently instead of walking in the hotel lobby he walked into the garage (the doors to the hotel is right by the garage) because he got scared. Then when I walked into the hotel he walked back out to find Robert...but couldn't. THANK GOD Zachary looked up and saw him running down the beach. Robert then asked him were I was and saw me looking for him so he sent Jakeb back to the hotel to get me...but a hotel worker stopped him and brought him to me who had walked back into the hotel. Which freaked Robert out because he didn't know who grabbed him LOL. All ended well but everyone got freaked out. And more talking about what to do when you are lost started....because instead of telling someone he couldnt' find us he took off down the beach trying to find us! Yikes! And I must say that the Hampton Inn staff was amazing and seriously hopped to trying to find him...all of them on their walkie talkies all over looking for him.

Now despite those 2 scary events...we really had a great time! I think it was one of our more fun trips, it was great. We got to see lots of seriously cool things in DC...I mean seriously July 4th in our Nations capital! Monuments and memorials and the Smithsonian. Very. Very. Cool. The boys had their first experience with public transportation, they thought that was cool. We got some lounge time on the beach and had a blast giggling and laughing as the waves knocked us down...I managed to get body slammed into the sand at one point..YOWCH! But it was dang funny LOL. Overall a great trip...I have TONS...I mean TONS of photos. I am sure I will get some posted up in a few days :)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed