Sunday, April 26, 2009

Results are in...

So finally no more whining and pissing and moaning about the 1/2 Marathon! It's done, it's over...I (and my ankle) survived! YAY!

I am stoked about it all. The entire event was just fabulous. The "fans" just the overall feel of it was enough for me, I am hooked! LOL.

As previously stated I was COMPLETELY unprepared for it. At least not in a "real runner" prepared kind of way. I started my "training" mid January (complete from scratch...as in never exercised before)....got sick sat out for 2 weeks....started back up in February. Hurt my ankle and was out for nearly 1 month. I did try to keep doing my cardio and what not and just overall strength training but did no running at all during that time. Went to the podiatrist who told me to stay off the treadmill and to quit my marathon "career". I said pooey on him and got my foot better did a few small distances on the treadmill. Hit the streets one time...and realized I had no time left this was as good as it was going to get LOL.

We left Murfreesboro at 4:30 in the morning to head to Nashville. Got stuck in traffic for nearly an hour, stressing we weren't going to make it. Got there...ran around like crazy trying to get to a bathroom in time...crazy lines EVERYWHERE. Finally got to go potty (in a secret place LOL)....and got in our corals nervously ready to go. Then finally around 7:45 we were off. I ran the 1st mile and slowed to a quick walk for a bit, then ran for a bit, walked a bit...continued that the whole time and managed to finish in 2:51:12...puts me at a 13:04 pace/mile. I am SUPER happy with that all things considered! I was expecting somewhere between 3:00-3:30, was going to be happy with 3 so I am beyond happy with my finishing time.
I feel great really. After we finished it felt like someone had take a hammer to my toes and I am probably going to loose a toe nail but it doesn't hurt too bad. My legs are a bit achy but not bad at all. I am excited for next year and a year to train for it to kick butt! LOL.

2 comments:

The Foley 5 said...

So awesome girl! I'm super proud of you and your determination!!

Kim said...

Good for you - I'm so proud of you!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed