Sunday, March 29, 2009

The (belated) Birthday Boy

Anyone else as shocked as I am that I am the mother of a 7 year old? That we have roughly only 11 more years until he goes to college, 9 years until he is old enough to drive a car, 3 years until he is a Preteen!?! As his bro would say it Holy bacdamoly!?
This said 7 year old is quite the kid, he really is. He's wise beyond his 7 years and mature past them as well. We have always said that he's like a little adult and he has stayed true to that. He is a worrier but is slowly coming over his "fears" and I am so unbelievably proud of him for that. This past week while we were on vacation we took them ice skating. He shed tears because he didn't want to try and probably wouldn't have had we not insisted he at least put on the skates and go around one time. He perked up and gave it a whirl and LOVED it!? Actually asked many times later that day if he could go back and ice skate. That's usually how things roll with my ever so cautious boy, he doesn't want to try and we encourage (slightly insist) him to try it and he ends up being 1) very proud of himself and 2) enjoying it!
He is very caring and compassionate for his brothers and others around him. He is doing FABULOUS in school, rarely in trouble and the few times he is it's for minor things. He is very much my little buddy. Likes things I like, dislikes things he knows I dislike...I know this won't last so I love it now. He's my sidekick for sure. I love listening to him read and our little chats we get to have. He is all around a great kiddo and I am so very proud of him for the things he's done and the person he is and is becoming in his 7 years. Happy Birthday Jakey Jake!

1 comment:

Robert said...

Happy Birthday Jakie....now it's my turn....30 is the new 18!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed