Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Five on it...

So 6 days ago my Boy2, aka Zman turned the big 5. 5 years ago on February 12, all 9lbs 4oz of him entered the world at 5:41pm.
On one hand I cannot believe he's 5 but on the other he seems like he should be 10. He has changed a great deal over the past several months, as I suspected he might (Boy1 had the same transformations around this age). He has come out of his shell a bit and is more willingly to talk to others and just be the goofy boy we know and love. Now often, especially recently, I wish he would retreat back into his shell from time to time as he's become quite a bit more openly rambunctious.
He's developed quite a bit more sass but with that comes a new whit and clever-ness about him that cause me to often have to remind myself that's he's only 5. Today he told Boy1 that he just has one more birthday until he is caught up to him-as in until he's 6 like Boy1 is. So a) he is learning math and b) he worded it in a way that just sounded well thought out.
I do believe his favorite thing to do lately is to see just how loud and long he can get his little bro to scream and yell. He hasn't seemed to catch on that these actions also cause me to scream and yell...either that or he no longer feels threatened by such "punishments"--I do suspect the latter. He is still my cuddle boy and I think he would sit and snuggle and cuddle for just about as long as I could want. He constantly reminds me that he loves me (of course being the middle child who likes torment others he may be wanting to make sure that I still love him--which I do and always will obviously) he loves to give his big ole puckered up lip kisses--which while I do love I will be glad when he stops the puckering as it adds to extra slobbery remnants on my cheeks.
I am now certain he is ready for Kindergarten and am thinking they should take him next week...while he is a source of entertainment I believe he is starting to get bored at home as his new found mischievousness is getting a bit out of hand. He is still madly obsessed with his very bestest friend Ms. C and swears he is going to marry her when he grows up as she does he...we have made attempts at other friends for him but none came compete.
Of all my boys I have always said I could tell what he was going to be like before he was even born. He was a constant mover, flip-flopping, rolling, kicking, punching, and non stop action the entire time...at my ultrasound at 10 weeks you can see his little tiny big-headed self twitching and moving all around already and I do not believe he has yet to stop. He sleeps like a wild child and moves like one all day long. I knew he was going to be a handful of action and he has yet to prove me wrong. I say this all quite lovingly I promise as it just adds to him and makes him all that more special to me. My mom says he wears his feelings on his sleeve and that he does, he is quite the softy (at times anyway), when he's mad you sure as hell are going to know it, as goes with every emotion he has. His amazing smile lights up his entire face and if he has tears to shed they are instant and huge. He's my sweet goofy emotional loving boy. I am so very proud of his 5 year old self and can't wait to watch all his exciting events over the next year!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed