So apparently 5 years old is when children begin rolling their eyes at their parents. Guess I missed that bulletin because I found myself saying today "and don't roll your eyes at me" then standing there thinking...Did I just have to say that? Did he just roll his eyes at me? Hold up!? He's 5! I guess telling him to pick his clothes up off the floor warrants an eye roll at me...geesh how dare I. But I must chuckle because he's so little but can have so much attitude. I know one day I will NOT be laughing but right now I will.
I have found a new online obsession as of late...flickr.com. Yep I think I could sit there all day looking at amazing photos, getting ideas, insperation, or just plain ole' awe! There are some awesome photographers out there and it's a great resource for information and ideas. I am really jumping into my photography and hoping to get it off the ground even more! I am excited and nervous and anxious! But no time like the present :) :)
Things are going well here in the B house. Jakeb is doing well in school, as is Zachary, and Gavin well he's being Gavin. A little stinker boy who is fast approaching 2! Speaking of aging, Mr. Zachary will be 4 in a mere 3 days. Holy Moly where has the time gone!? I am so proud of my soon to be 4 year old. He really is SUCH a sweet, sweet little boy. He is so affectionate and caring and I just couldn't ask for a sweeter boy. He is constantly hugging me or petting me or telling me he loves me or how pretty I am--I mean really how can you resist that!? He's so caring of his brothers, yet is so fun and spunky and just overall one neat neat kid! He has a huge heart and wears those emotions on his sleeve if he's mad you know it, if he's sad you know it, and if he's happy you know it. He knows his numbers 1-10 (recognition) and is learning his letters, knows how to spell his name, his address, phone number, and birthday. He's a smart cookie because I didn't sit down and teach him ANY of that other than how to spell his name--he has learned it all from listening to us work with Jakeb. And bad mommy for not working with him so I am trying to do "catch up" with him now--since he obviously is listening. He is so eager to please, I really could go on and on as any mother could. He's just a great, awesome, fun, sweet little boy and I am so very proud to be his Mommy!
My grandfather is doing well as is my dad and aunt. We still are trying to adjust to not having my grandmother here...I still have to constantly remind myself which I find hard to do and often feel as if it's a dream and maybe she really IS at her house with my Pappy. They are now just trying to get into a rythm or routine with taking care of my grandfather (Pappy). So far so good I think. I haven't been too great about calling or visiting as of late, but hope to get out there this weekend. I am his official "hair stylist" and I know he is in need of a trim, plus I need to visit and he loves seeing the boys.
Alrighty well I hear Robert's car in the drive! He's home for the weekend....YAY! So better close up shop here.
And anyone interested in checking out my "unofficial website" here is the link: http://www.printroom.com/studio_authoringtool.asp?domain_name=rachelbeasley
1 comment:
What a blog title........I just have to say welcome to my world LOL
Post a Comment