Thursday, July 26, 2007

Whew

It's Thursday night....ALMOST Friday! YAY! Zachary had his post op appt today for his tonsilectomy, he looks great and we are done with the ENT! After his appt we ate lunch with our friends down the street, rushed home for naps, everyone got woken up to head out to Franklin for Jakeb and Zachary's Sport Skills Development Class at the Little Gym. It's a great class, it's been WONDERFUL for Jakeb. I see him feeling more confident in his physical activities and more eager to do things...he even says he wants to play soccer, with other kids, on a team! That's big for him! Our friends from down the street, Hope, Alex, and Evan have come with us the past 2 times and Alex has joined the class with us. The kids really seem to love it and it's fun to have some one to chit chat with while the kids are in class. Gavin and Evan wander around playing and getting into things like 1 year olds do! After gym class we all (Robert, Hope, Alex, Evan, Jakeb, Zachary, Gavin, and I) all piled back into the van to grab dinner and head to the park. Where we ate, the kids got wet and muddy playing and then we drove our loud, wet, muddy kids home and here I sit! Kids are bathed and in bed and I am unwinding from our busy day. It's thundering now so I may not get the quiet not I am hoping for...Jakeb and Zachary are afraid of the thunder...in fact Jakeb just walked in telling me about it...oy vey!
I am SO ready for my classes to start, I am very anxious to get back into my photography class and learn some more...it's a film class but I learned a lot in B&W film, I really like film...I wish I had the means to have a blackroom and develop my own. Shooting digital is much more cost effective but I almost feel like it's cheating...I can go in and edit a near crap picture to nearly perfect so I feel like that's not good photography that's good editing, so I try to edit as little as possible. There is a lot that can be done in the dark room too so I try to remember that and stick to what can be done there...but I want to be taking GOOD photos not taking ok photos and editing them into good ones...which I know a large part of the picture taking process is in the developing so. I love taking pictures but I feel a bit discouraged with so many other photographers out there, they are a dime a dozen these days. I am certainly no pro nor do I really aim to be one but it's a fun hobby and maybe one day will be something I pick up even more once the kids start school. With the technology we have now in cameras and what not it's much easier for people to pick up their camera and grab great shots. I remember chasing my brothers around and making them pose with my little pink 110 camera and my friends in elementary school...I have all kinds of goofy photos that I took as a kid LOL!
My other class is a cultural geography class which should be pretty interesting, it' s with the same professor I had in the spring so that will be nice...I got an A in that class and I expect it to be the same style which is good!
3 more weeks til Jakeb has his very first day of school! Zachary keeps telling everyone he is going to kindergarden as well, so hopefully his excitment will still be there when he goes back to Preschool, he wasn't happy about going last year. And still has issues with me leaving him, praying that isn't the case this year!

Ok I think I am rambling at this point. Nighty...night :)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed