I was just putting Gavin down for a nap, rocking him, like I always do, for a few minutes before I lay him down. I was looking at him realizing that in a few days he will be 15 months old and in the same amount of time since he turned 1 he will be 18 months old...which is also the same time I will be graduating and Jakeb will be getting ready for his Christmas break from kindergarden. The same time, I have been so anxiously waiting for and wishing would hurry up and get here. So I am looking at Gavin and realizing that 3 months have passed by so quickly and the next 3 will be just as fast and wishing I wasn't so anxious for it to go by! Because I will never get those 3 months back, never will have Gavin be 15 months then 16 months etc again. Never will take Jakeb to his first day of kindergarden again and watch him change and grow as he gets into his school years and never will have Zachary going to his first year of "real" preschool again. I know that everyone gets caught up in the day to day things and is ready for the next day, the next month, often the next year and it's hard to stop, slow down and take it all in but I hope at least for today (and many more to come) I have.
We have had a great morning. I got up this morning and made us pancakes, bacon, and eggs...which is our routine for either Sat/Sun mornings. Robert has to leave in about an hour so he headed out w/ the boys to mow the back yard, I picked up a bit in here, and then came out with them and set the slip n slide up for them to play in. I really didn't think anyone but Gavin would play in it, it squirts water out so he likes to walk thru it. But Zachary and he both had a great time in it. After Robert got finished mowing we talked him into "showing them how it's done" and then he proceded to drag Zachary down and then even Jakeb! Both of them thought it was great and took turns having Daddy push them down the slip n' slide, they were so cute laughing and giggling. I got the video camera out and also snapped a few photos. I eventually decided to give it a little try and that water was FREEZING, Robert had to wrestle me in brrrr! But it was a lot of fun!
We cleaned up and had some lunch and now the boys are down for their naps (or actually UP from their naps claiming they need to go potty...of course!).
Weekend is nearly over and Robert heads out to Greenville, SC this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment