Gavin is starting to talk more! Just a few moments ago he said Baby...or technically "baba" but at 14 months that is close enough and he pointed to a picture of a baby and said it so it counts! The other day as I was leaving I said "I love you" to him and he responded with "iaaahh ooo" in the sing songy voice w/ the same "tune" obviously trying to say "I love you" back to me. Even Robert heard him! He says "ta oo"--Thank You, and of course Uh-oh and has said Mommy and Daddy (not just Mama, Dada) but only once! He seems to try to say Jakeb but I couldn't even begin to spell it but he gets A for effort. He says his version of boat, ball, catch, and hush...all of which *I* understand but anyone else would be clueless but he is putting the sound/word with the object (or action). So that is exciting! He is a little later to talk than Jakeb and Zachary did but with all these other people talking and doing for him all he needs to do is squeal and squeek.
Jakeb has less than a month and he will be in FULL time kindergarden, I can't believe it and while I am not ready for him to be gone all day all the time I am ready to get him started and "get it over with". He's very excited to go and I think he will do great...we'll see how we do at home with out him. I hope school doesn't make his sassy attitude worse. He's such a good helper with his brothers though!
Zachary is being his usual silly boy self, he fell off the hammock yesterday and chipped a good chunk out of his front tooth...large enough to warrant a trip to the dentist to have it checked out. All is good with it and we will go back sometime soon to have them file it down a bit. He's been quite the character lately, while on vacation we were at dinner and Jakeb was talking away about something and Zachary leans up to the table and asks him "What are you babbling about?" It cracked us up! And his new argument for not having to go to bed at night is that he is not tired and "People who aren't tired do not have to go to bed!!" He's at that funny 3 year old stage...and also at the not so funny fit throwing 3 year old stage...bleh!
Robert and I are both doing well, he will be of the week Jakeb starts school. So he can go with us on his first day of Kindergarden and will also be able to go with me to the Open House. I start classes on the 28th and Donna (Robert's mom) and a friend who lives on the neighborhood's daughter will both help out with the boys. Our original plan fell thru so we are having to figure things out with that a little last minute, not fun! But darnit with 2 more classes and 5 months before I graduate I WILL figure it out.
Vacation was very nice...we definetly would love to vacation at Anna Maria Island again, it was so pretty and quaint and just a cute little place to go. It was wonderful to see my family, i wish we could have visited more. The boys loved the beachbut I think we are all glad to be home!
Alrighty it's dinner time...so until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment