I know I say this all the time but I want to write here so much more often then I do but I sit down to type and "write" and my thoughts just float right out the window next to me. I get so discouraged that I just don't "write" and wait until I can hammer out a "12" or a slap some pictures up and call it a day. We are quickly approaching our 4th year here and while it feels right....it feels wrong. Nolan was our first baby born "out of TN" and that's so strange....we are TN folks. Goodness all 3 of the big boys were born in the very same building I was. And wow apparently I care about that....and really? I would never have thought that mattered and it doesn't but it does and doesn't. I still feel like I blog about this move so much. The changes and the new stuff and the differences and the sameness and how this is home but not. How we love it here but.....
And we do love it here but 30ish years in the same place is a long time and adjusting takes a long time and soon I will think....TN is always home but GA is too. In the meantime we fumble around trying to make this home and it's happening but 30 years is a long time in one place. We sure love it here and the people we have met and, and, and....but, but, but..... Exactly.
It's nearly midnight and today I watched a football game where TN vs GA on my own. For the first time. I don't watch football but lately anything TN I want to grab and squeeze and make my very own like it's mine and mine only. But yet...I love being here and this life. Still I miss so much of before though so much of what I miss is stuff that I would miss TN or not. But GA brought Nolan and I would never ever want to change or take that back. And so I will root for Ga and for TN and love them both...but always TN more.
So....Georgia is home and it feels just like that....a new home....a new home to learn and to love. Even 3+ years later.
I am not sure my point here....just rambling like always and like normal. Talk to me on the phone and you get much the same. Jumbled thoughts and run on sentences and I am learning to love and to like that too. It's me...always and forever. Something I have been learning to like and love for a long LONG time. Somedays it works and somedays it doesn't. I think that's the norm for most....though they wouldn't say that but also they wouldn't say otherwise either.
That's kinda funny really if you think about it...this facade we lead others to believe and see. One of happiness and "having it all together" but really...REALLY no one I ever talk to feels that way. Except those that feel that way but really don't but just can't say it to themselves and god forbid anyone else. And one time not too long ago that was me and now most days that isn't anymore. And that's ok. I am so glad...I hate the self imposed pressure. Goodness like the last run on sentence or two. I don't even like the pressure of trying to write properly...so I don't. Rebel like that. Or something like that.
ANYWAY.
Have a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment