As I was putting Nolan down for a nap today I read one of my favorite bloggers most recent blog on parenting and it got me thinking on my own parenting ideas and wisdoms. My plan was to finish putting him down for a nap, fix the big boys and I lunch, swap some laundry, and come blog about my thoughts on said parenting wisdoms. However my mom called halfway thru lunch preparations and we talked until Nolan woke up and there went my blogging chance. The rest of the day has been dealing with a very whiney demanding going on 2 year old (WHAT!?) and has ended with 3 fighting big brothers. So my parenting wisdom isn't feeling very wisdom-ey other than I have the wisdom to cancel extra bedtime reading time and instead lights out everyone.right.now. Mommy needs a beer and some quiet time. Whew today, while not really all that terrible, has drained me.
Nolan for some reason is going thru quite a whiney screechy "I need this NOW" phase and I am not a fan. I love that he is finding his voice and finding his words but I will be glad when he finds a little bit of his patience and his manners. Something we all could work on but he REALLY needs the most work on that one.
On the flip side vacation is happening very soon and the big boy arguing is typically short lived and if I haven't learned anything else in my 11+ years of parenting the one thing I do know is every phase does end and happy times return.
No comments:
Post a Comment